Uncertainty Assessment using Monte Carlo Simulation in Net Thrust Measurement at AETF
In this paper, Monte Carlo Simulation (MCS) method was used as an uncertainty assessment tool for air flow, net thrust measurement. Uuncertainty sources of the net thrust measurement were analyzed, and the probability distribution characteristics of each source were discussed. Detailed MCS methodology was described including the effect of the number of simulation. Compared to the conventional sensitivity coefficient method, the MCS method has advantage in the uncertainty assessment. The MCS is comparatively simple, convenient and accurate, especially for complex or nonlinear measurement modeling equations. The uncertainty assessment result by MCS was compared with that of the conventional sensitivity coefficient method, and each method gave different result. The uncertainties in the net thrust measurement by the MCS and the conventional sensitivity coefficient method were 0.906% and 1.209%, respectively. It was concluded that the first order Taylor expansion in the conventional sensitivity coefficient method and the nonlinearity of model equation caused the difference. It was noted that the uncertainty assessment method should be selected carefully according to the mathematical characteristics of the model equation of the measurement.
- ISO, 1993, 'Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurements' Martin Basil & Andrew Jamieson, 1999. 'Uncertainty of Complex Systems by Monte Carlo Simulation, Measurement & Control', Vol. 32
- Minsoo Yoon, Sooseok Yang & Daesung Lee, 2001, 'Uncertainty Analysis of Altitude Performance of a Gas Turbine Engine', J. KSAS, Vol. 29, No. 1
- Yongmin Jun, Yang, Samsik Nam, Chuntaek Kim, Sooseok Yang & Daesung Lee, 2002, 'Small Turbojet Engine Test and Uncertainty Analysis,' Proc. KSAS Annual Conference Daesung Lee, Inyoung Yang, Yongmin Jun, Chuntaek Kim & Sooseok Yang, 2002, 'Improving the Measurement Uncertainty of Altitude Test Facility for Gas Turbine Engines', J. KSME, Vol. 26, No. 11
- Daesung Lee, Inyoung Yang, Chuntaek Kim and Sooseok Yang, 2003, 'Uncertainty assessment using Monte carlo simulation in gas flow measurement', KSME, Vol.27, No. 12 pp. 1758-1765
- John A Blevins and Donald A Wagner, 2000, 'An uncertainty assessment of thrust determination in altitude ground test facilities', 38th aerospace sciences meeting & exhibit
- Press, William H., Teukolsky, Saul A, Vetterling, William T., Flannery, Brian P., 1992, 'Numerical Recipes in C', Cambridge university press, pp. 288-290
- L. M. Basil & P. Cox, 2000, 'System Uncertainty Modelling using Monte Carlo Simulation', Measurement & Control, Vol. 33
- Christos E. Papadopoulos & Hoi Yeung, 2001, 'Uncertainty estimation and Monte Carlo simulation method', Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, Vol. 12
저자의 다른 논문
- 2006 "단열 진공유리의 제작 및 열전달계수 측정에 관한 실험적 연구" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. B. B 30 (8): 772~779
- 2007 "Development of Block type Inlet Distortion Simulating Device for Gas Turbine Engine Inlet Distortion Test" KSAS international journal 8 (2): 121~125
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기