The Removal of Heavy Metals from CCA Treated Wood by Immobilized Aspergillus niger
For the safe disposal of the end used CCA treated wood, the biological method was studied. Aspergillus niger has been known to be grown on the fresh wood surfaces even on the CCA treated wood surface. Therefore, in this study we estimated the removal efficacy of heavy metals from CCA treated wood by A. niger. The selected fungi, A. niger adsorbed the heavy metals from CCA solution. A. niger removed 95% of arsenic, 55% of copper, and 23% of chromium. From these results, A. niger appeared to be useful for the removal of chromium, copper, and arsenic from the end used CCA-treated wood and the use of A. niger-alginate could be effective.
- Clausen, C. A. 1998. CCA removal from treated wood by chemical, mechanical, and microbial processing. Processing of the 4th International Wood Preservation Symposium. IRG/WP 98-50101
- Son, D. W., D. H. Lee, and C. H. Kang. 2002. Removal of heavy metals using biologic al methods (I) . - Removal of Copper from CCA and CCFZ treated wood. Korea wood science and technology. 30(2) : 151-156
- Kartel, S. N. and Y. Imamura. 2005. Removal of copper, chromium, and arsenic from CCA-treated wood onto chitin and chitosan. Bioresource Technology. Vol 96: 389-392
- Nestle, N. and R. Kimmich. 1996. Heavy metal uptake of alginate gels studied by NMR microscopy. Colloids and Surfaces. A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 115: 141-147
- Karagunduz, A, Y., Kaya, B. Keskinler, and S. Oncel. 2005. Influence of surfactant entrapmnet to dried alginate beads on sorption and removal of Cu2+ inos. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 5-9
- Son, D. W., D. H. Lee, and C. H. Kang. 2004. Removal of heavy metals using biological methods (II). Removal of copper from CCA and CCFZ treated wood. - Removal of copper from CCA and CCFZ treated wood. Korea wood science and technology. 32(2) : 1-8
- Kartal, S. V. and S. T. Lebow. 2001. Effect of compression wood on leachin g and fixation of CCA-C treated red pine. Wood and Fiber Science. 33(2): 182-192
- Clausen, C. A. 2000. CCA removal from treated wood using a dual remediation process. Waste Management & Research. 18: 485-488
- Buckova, M., J. Godocikova, A. Simonovicova, and P. Bystrik. 2005. Production of Catalases by Aspergillus niger Isolates as a Response to Pollutant Stress by Heavy metals. Current Microbiology. Vol 50: 175-179
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기