DEVELOPMENT OF HARDWARE-IN-THE-LOOP SIMULATION SYSTEM AS A TESTBENCH FOR ESP UNIT
As the vehicle electronic control technology quickly grows and becomes more sophisticated, a more efficient means than the traditional in-vehicle driving test is required for the design, testing, and tuning of electronic control units (ECU). For this purpose, the hardware-in-the-loop simulation (HILS) scheme is very promising, since significant portions of actual driving test procedures can be replaced by HIL simulation. The HILS incorporates hardware components in the numerical simulation environment, and this yields results with better credibility than pure numerical simulations can offer. In this study, a HILS system has been developed for ESP (Electronic Stability Program) ECUs. The system consists of the hardware component, which that includes the hydraulic brake mechanism and an ESP ECU, the software component, which virtually implements vehicle dynamics with visualization, and the interface component, which links these two parts together. The validity of HIL simulation is largely contingent upon the accuracy of the vehicle model. To account for this, the HILS system in this research used the commercial software CarSim to generate a detailed full vehicle model, and its parameters were set by using design data, SPMD (Suspension Parameter Measurement Device) data, and data from actual vehicle tests. Using the developed HILS system, performance of a commercial ESP ECU was evaluated for a virtual vehicle under various driving conditions. This HILS system, with its reliability, will be used in various applications that include durability testing, benchmarking and comparison of commercial ECUs, and detection of fault and malfunction of ESP ECUs.
- Lee, S. J., Kim, Y. J., Park, K. and Kim, D. G. (2003). Development of hardware-in-the-loop simulator and vehicle dynamic model for testing ABS. SAE Paper No. 2003-01-0858
- Park, K., Lee, S. J., Cho, Y. J. and Seo, Y. S. (2003). Development of hardware-in-the-loop simulation system for TCS ECU. Fall Conf. Proc., Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 1007-1013
- Zanten, A. T. V., Erhardt, R., Pfaff, G., Kost, F., Hartmann, U. and Ehret, T. (1996). Control aspects of the Bosch-VDC. Proc. AVEC, 573-607
- Suh, M. W., Seok, C. S., Kim, Y. J., Chung, J. H., Kim, S. M., Lee, J. C. and Lee, S. I. (1998). Hardware-in-theloop simulation for ABS. SAE Paper No. 980244
- Park, K. and Heo, S. J. (2000). Design of a control logic for improving vehicle dynamic stability. Proc. AVEC, 577-584
- Matsumoto, S., Yamaguchi, H., Inoue, H. and Yasuno, Y. (1992). Braking force distribution control for improved vehicle dynamics. Proc. AVEC, 441-446
- Zhang, Y., Yin, C. and Zhang, J. (2006). Vehicle dynamic control algorithm and its implementation on control prototyping system. Int. J. Automotive Technology 7, 2, 167-172
- MathWorks Co. (2002). Simulink User Manual. Michigan. USA
- Tseng, H. E., Ashrafi, B., Madau, D., Brown, T. A. and Recker, D. (1999). The development of vehicle stability control at Ford. IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatronics 4, 3, 223-234
- Opal RT Inc. (2002). RT Lab User's Manual. Michigan. USA
- MSC Co. (2001). CarSim User Manual. Michigan.
- Zanten, A. T. V. (2000). Bosch ESP systems: 5 years of experience. SAE Paper No. 2000-01-1633
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- 2007. "" International journal of automotive technology, 8(5): 637~650
- 2009. "" Journal of mechanical science and technology, 23(4): 1046~1049
- 2009. "" International journal of automotive technology, 10(4): 523~528
- 2011. "" International journal of precision engineering and manufacturing, 12(1): 31~38
- 2011. "" International journal of automotive technology, 12(1): 75~82
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기