Numerical and experimental approach on energy dissipation in nano colloidal damper
Mechanical damping systems have been widely used to various mechanical structures and systems, and are mainly hydraulic and pneumatic devices nowadays. New damping system such as nano colloidal damper (NCD) is complementary to the hydraulic one, having a cylinder-piston-orifice structure. This study includes numerical and experimental investigation about energy dissipation of NCD by using porous silica particles. In numerical approach, the dissipated energy was obtained between compression and relaxation processes for porous silica particle in NCD according to the capillary tube theory. Furthermore, for colloidal damper, the hydraulic oil was replaced by a colloidal suspension that was consisted of a nano-porous matrix with controlled architecture and a lyophobic fluid. NCD test rig and the measuring technique of the hysteresis were described in this study. Performance of the energy dissipation between numerical and experimental results was investigated and compared. As a result, the proposed NCD was proved to efficiently dissipate the mechanical energy.
- V.A. Eroshenko and A.Y. Fadeev, Intrusion and extrusion of water in hydrophobized porous silica, Colloid J. 57 (1995) 480-483
- T. Iwatsubo and C.V. Suciu, Investigation of a colloidal damper, J. Colloid and Interface Sci. 259 (2003) 62-80
- T. Iwatsubo and C.V. Suciu, Investigation of the hysteresis of a colloidal damper, Proc. APVC-2001. 2 (2002) 407-411
- R. Defay and I. Prigogine, Surface Tension and Absorption, Wiley, New-York, (1966)
- T.T. Soong and G.F. Dargush, Passive Energy Dissipation System in Structural Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo, (1996)
- A.Y. Fadeev and V.A. Eroshenko, Study on penetration of water into hydrophobized porous silicas, J. Colloid and Interface Sci. 187 (1997) 275-282
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기