Parametric study of injection molding and hot embossing in polymer microfabrication
In recent years, plastics have begun to show great commercial potential especially in manufacturing micro-structured parts. Injection molding and hot embossing are two major microfabrication methods. Replication accuracy was investigated for these two methods. Polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) was used as the polymer substrate. The mold insert (or master) was fabricated by LIGA-type method. In this study, hot embossing was found to have better replication accuracy for microstructure than injection molding. Experiments were also conducted to study the effects of process parameters on the replication quality.
- H. Becker and U. Heim, Hot embossing as a method for the fabrication of polymer high aspect ratio structures, Sensors and Actuators. 83 (2000) 130-135
- D. Yao and B.J. Kim, Simulation of the filling process in micro channels for polymeric materials, Micromech. Microeng. 12 (2002) 604-610
- R.J. Wimberger-Friedl, Injection Molding of Submum Grating Optical Elements, Injection Molding Technol. 4 (2000) 78-83
- R.W. Jaszewski, H. Schift, J. Gobrecht and P. Smith, Hot embossing in polymers as a direct way to pattern resist, Microelectronic Engineering. 41/42 (1998) 575-578
- M.T. Gale, C. Gimkiewicz, S. Obi, M. Schnieper, J. Sochtig, H. Thiele, S. Westenhofer, Replication technology for optical microsystems, Optics and Lasers in Engineering. 43 (2005) 373-386
- X.-J. Shen, Li-Wei Pan and Liwei Lin, Microplastic embossing process: experimental and theoretical characterizations, Sensors and Actuators A. 97-98 (2002) 428-433
- C.-R. Lin, R.-H. Chen, C. Hung, Preventing nonuniform shrinkage in open-die hot embossing of PMMA microstructures, Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 140 (2003) 173-178
- Yi-Je Juang, L.J. Lee and K.W. Koelling, Hot Embossing in Microfabrication. Part I: Experimental, Polymer Engineering and Science. 42 (2002) 539-550
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기