Development of automotive engine cradle by hydroforming process
The hydroforming technology may bring many advantages to automotive applications in terms of better structural integrity of the parts, lower cost from fewer part count, material saving, weight reduction, lower springback, improved strength and durability and design flexibility. In this study, the whole process of front sub-frame parts development by tube hydroforming using steel material having tensile strength of 440 MPa grade is presented. At the part design stage, it requires feasibility study and process design aided by CAE (Computer Aided Design) to confirm hydroformability in details. Effects of parameters such as internal pressure, axial feeding and geometry shape in automotive engine cradle by the hydroforming process were carefully investigated. Overall possibility of hydroformable engine cradle parts could be examined by cross sectional analyses. Moreover, it is essential to ensure the formability of tube material on every forming step such as pre-bending, preforming and hydroforming. At the die design stage, all the components of prototyping tool are designed and interference with the press is examined from the point of deformed geometry and local thinning.
- S. Nakamura, H. Sugiura, H. Onoe, K. Ikemoto, Hydromechanical drawing of automotive parts, Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 46 (1994) 491-503
- F. Dohmann, Ch. Hartl, Tube hydroformingresearch and practical application, Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 71 (1997) 174-186
- N. Asnafi, Analytical modeling of tube hydroforming, Thin-Walled Structure. 34 (1999) 295-330
- M. Ahmetoglu, T. Altan, Tube hydroforming-State-of-the-art and future trends, Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 98 (2000) 25-33
- M. Ahmetoglu, K. Sutter, S.J. Li, T. Altan, Tube hydroforming: current research, applications and need for training, Journal of Materials Processing Tech-nology. 98 (2000) 224-231
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2008. "" International journal of precision engineering and manufacturing, 9(3): 55~58
- Jang, Hwan-Hak ; Park, Gyung-Jin ; Kim, Tai-Kyung 2015. "Preliminary Study on Optimization of the Tube Hydroforming Process Using the Equivalent Static Loads" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. A. A, 39(3): 259~268
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기