The deflection of a simply supported plate induced by piezoelectric actuators
The coupling effects between the mechanical and electric properties of piezoelectric materials have drawn significant attention for their potential applications as sensors and actuators. In this investigation, two piezoelectric actuators are symmetrically embedded in a simply supported plate. Electric voltages with the same amplitude and opposite sign are applied to the two symmetric piezoelectric actuators, resulting in the bending effect on the plate. The bending moment is derived by using the theories of elasticity and piezoelectricity. The analytical solution of the flexural displacement of a simply supported plate subjected to the bending moment is solved by using the plate theory. The analytical solution is compared with the finite element solution to show the validation of present approach. The effects of the size and location of the piezoelectric actuators on the response of a plate are presented through a parametric study.
- T. Bailey and J.E. Hubbard, Distributed piezoelectric-polymer active vibration control of a cantilever beam, Journal of Guidance Control and Dynamics. 8 (1985) 605-611
- E. Crawley and J. de Luis, Use of piezoelectric actuators as elements of intelligent structures, AIAA Journal. 25 (1987) 1373-1385
- G.L. Huang and C.T. Sun, The dynamic behaviour of a piezoelectric actuator bonded to an anisotropic elastic medium, Int. J. Solids Struct. 43 (2006) 1291-1307
- Q. Luo and L. Tong, High precision shape control plates using orthotropic piezoelectric actuators, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 42 (2006) 1009-1020
- D.A. Saravanos, P.R. Heyliger. Mechanics and computational models for laminated piezoelectric beams, plates and shells. Appl Mech Rev. 52 (1999) 305-320
- J.C. Lin and M.H. Nien, Adaptive modeling and shape control of laminated plates using piezoelectric actuators, J. of Materials Processing Technology. 189 (2007) 231-236
- D.B. Koconis, L.P. Kollar and G.S. Springer, hape control of composite plates and shells with embedded actuators I: voltage specified, J. Compos. Mater. 28 (1994) 415-458
- E.K. Dimitriadis, C.R. Fuller and C.A. Rogers, Piezoelectric actuators for distributed vibration excitation of thin plates. J. of Vibration and Acoustics. 113 (1991) 100-107
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2009. "" International journal of precision engineering and manufacturing, 10(2): 73~78
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기