저전력 응용을 위한 28 nm 금속 게이트/high-k MOSFET 디자인
28 nm MOSFET Design for Low Standby Power Applications
This paper explores 28 nm MOSFET design for LSTP(Low Standby Power) applications using TCAD(Technology Computer Aided Design) simulation. Simulated results show that the leakage current of the MOSFET is increasingly dominated by GIDL(Gate Induced Drain Leakage) instead of a subthreshold leakage as the Source/Drain extension doping increases. The GIDL current can be reduced by grading lateral abruptness of the drain at the expense of a higher Source/Drain series resistance. For 28 nm MOSFET suggested in ITRS, we have shown Source/Drain design becomes even more critical to meet both leakage current and performance requirement.
- J.D. Bude, " MOSFET Modeling Into the Ballistic Regime," SISPAD 2000, pp. 23-26
- Semiconductor Industry Association, "The International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors 2006 Update."
- J.W. Sleight, I. Lauer, O. Dokumaci, D. M. Fried, D. Guo, B. Haran, S. Narasimha, C. Sheraw, D. Singh, M. Steigerwalt, X. Wang, P. Oldiges, D. Sadana, C.Y. Sung, W. Haensch, and M. Khare, "Challenges and Opportunities for High Performance 32 nm CMOS Technology," in IEDM Tech. Dig., 2006, pp. 697-700
- M.J.H.van Dal, N. Collaert, G. Doornbos, G. Vellianitis, G. Curatola, B.J. Pawlak, R. Duffy, C. Jonville, B. Degroote, E. Altamirano, E. Kunnen, M. Demand, S. Beckx, T. Vandeweyer, C. Delvaux, F. Leys, A. Hikavyy, R. Rooyackers, M. Kaiser, R.G.R. Weemaes, S. Biesemans, M. Jurczak, K. Anil, L. Witters and R.J.P. Lander, "Highly manufacturable FinFETs with sub-10nm fin width and high aspect ratio fabricated with immersion lithography," in VLSI Symp. Tech. Dig., 2007, pp. 110-111
- G. A. M. Hurkx, D. B. M. Klaassen, and M. P. G. Knuvers, "A New Recombination Model for Device Simulation Including Tunneling," IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 331-338, Feb. 1992
- Mohan V. Dunga, Chung-Hsun Lin, Darsen D. Lu1,Weize Xiong, C. R. Cleavelin, P. Patruno, Jiunn-Ren Hwang, Fu-Liang Yang, Ali M. Niknejad and Chenming Hu, "BSIM-MG: A Versatile Multi-Gate FET Model for Mixed-Signal Design,"in VLSI Symp. Tech. Dig., 2007, pp, 60-61
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기