전기전도도의 비균질성을 고려한 정밀 두뇌 모형 내부에서 유기되는 유도 전기장 분포해석
Numerical Analysis of Electric Field Distribution Induced Inside a Realistic Brain Model Considering Conductivity Heterogeneity
In this paper, the electric field distribution induced inside the brain during Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation(TMS) has been thoroughly investigated in terms of tissue heterogeneity and anisotropy as well as different head models. To achieve this, first, an elaborate head model consisting of seven major parts of the head has been built based on the Magnetic Resonance(MR) image data. Then the Finite Element Method(FEM) has been used to evaluate the electric field distribution under different head models or three different conductivity conditions when the head model has been exposed to a time varying magnetic field achieved by utilizing the Figure-Of-Eight(FOE) stimulation coil. The results show that the magnitude as well as the distribution of the induced field is significantly affected by the degree of geometrical asymmetry of head models and conductivity conditions with respect to the center of the FOE coil.
- R. Liu and S. Ueno, "Calculating the activation function of nerve excitation in inhomogeneous volume conductor during magnetic stimulation using the finite element method," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 36, pp.1796-1799, July 2000
- M. Hallett, "Transcranial magnetic stimulation and the human brain," Nature, vol. 406, pp. 147-150, 2000
- J. Starzynski, B. Sawicki, S. Wincenciak, A. Krawczyk and T. Zyss, 'Simulation of Magnetic Stimulation of the Brain,' IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 38, pp.1237-1240, March 2002
- D-H Kim and G. E. Georghiou and C. Won, "Improved Field Localization in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation of the Brain With the Utilization of a Conductive Shield Plate in the Stimulator," IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., vol. 53, pp.720-725, 2006
- W. Wang and S. R. Eisenberg, "A three-dimensional finite element method for computing magnetically induced currents in tissues," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 30, pp. 5015-5023, Nov. 1994
- Dong-Hun Kim and Chulho Won and G. E. Georghiou, "Assessment of the Sensitivity to Field Localization of Various Parameters during Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 43, pp.4016-4022, 2007
- K. R. Davey, D. H. Cheng and C. M. Epstein, "Prediction of magnetically induced electric fields in biological tissue", IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., vol. 38, pp. 418-422, 1991
- Vector Fields Limited, OPERA User's Guide (2005)
- G. Huiskamp, M. Vroeijenstijn, R. van Dijk, G. Wieneke, and A. Huffelen, "The need for correct realistic geometry in the inverse EEG problem" IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., vol 46, pp.1281-1287, Nov 1999
- J. S. Yuan and Z. H. Tang, "Finite-Element simulation of Human Brain Electric Activity," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 39, pp.1539-1542, 2003
- P. C. Miranda, M. Hallett and P. J. Basser, The Electric Field Induced in the Brain by Magnetic Stimulation : A 3-D Finite Element Analysis of the Effect of Tissue Heterogeneity and Anisotropy," IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., vol. 50, pp.1074-7085, Sept 2003
- I. G. Zubal, C. R. Harrell, E. O. Smith, Z. Rattner, G. Gindi and P. B. Hoffer, "Computerized 3-Dimensional Segmented Human Anatomy," Medical Physics, vol. 21, pp. 299-302, 1994
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기