Optimal contact design and allowable limit on spindle assembly of aluminum hot rolling process
Aluminum sheet ingots go through the hot rolling process to be converted into coils with a gauge suitable for the cold rolling process or plates. The top spindle, end coupling and slipper metal are main components of the hot roll process and used for transmission of rotational power with heavy-duty load. The top spindle connected to the motor and end coupling connected to the roller are combined with the slipper metal which acts as a bearing and joint. The contact surface between end coupling and slipper metal is subjected to stress concentration, and life cycles of slipper metal is reduced. This study aims to minimize the mechanical problems which might happen in the production process. The load condition for hot rolling processes is derived under load condition that is conducted for a hot rolling process under slipper metal combination types and operation situations. A structural analysis is performed by applying mechanical characteristics, combination type, and rotational boundary condition of top spindle, end coupling and slipper metal. Optimal design is performed for contact surface between end coupling and slipper metal. Interference analysis is studied to reduce the stress concentrations. Kinematics simulation is performed by applying the various combination type and dynamic boundary condition of the mill spindle assembly. The interference does not occur on the top spindle and slipper metal, so actual driving of the hot mill spindle assembly can operate in the normal operation condition.
- CATIA Version 5 Release 14 online documentation, Dassaut System, (2005)
- J. Li, R. Sedaghati, J. Dargahi and D. Waechter, De-sign and development of a new piezoelectric linear inchworm actuator, Mechatronics, 15 (2005) 651-681
- M. A. Cavliere, M. B. Goldschmit and E. N. Dvorkin, Finite element analysis of steel rolling processes, Computers and Structures, 79 (2001) 2075-2089
- W. Raza and K. Y. Kim, Shape optimization of LMR fuel assembly using radial basis neural network technique, Transactions of Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers B 31 (8) (2007) 663-671
- C. H. Huang and T. M. JU, The estimation of surface thermal behavior of the working roll in hot rolling process, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 38 (6) (1995) 1019-1031
- F. C. Minutolo, M. Durante, F. Lambiase and A. Langella, Dimensional analysis of a new type of groove for steel rebar rolling, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, PROTEC-9261. 175 (2005) 69-76
- J. W. Chae, Y. S. Lee and T. K. Park, The shape optimization of MIL-S-46119 ring obturator under the high pressure, Transactions of Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A 27 (1) (2003) 1-7
- S. W. Byun, Y. S. Lee, H. S. Lee and J. J. Lee, Contact damage analysis of hot mill spindle assembly with kinematics simulation, Key Engineering Materials 326-328 (2006) 1121-1124
- ANSYS MANUAL (Ver.6.0), Swanson Analysis Systems Inc. (2001)
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- Lee, Jung-Hee ; Lee, Young-Shin ; Lee, Yong-Ho ; Lim, Hyun-Kyoon ; Lee, Sung-Jin 2010. "A Study on the Geometric Design Parameters for Optimization of Cooling Device in the Magnetocardiogram System" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. A. A, 34(2): 153~160
- Lee, Hyun-Seung ; Lee, Young-Shin 2010. "Optimal Design of Slipper Metal for Power Transmission in Aluminum Hot Rolling Process" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. A. A, 34(10): 1437~1442
- 2014. "" Journal of mechanical science and technology, 28(6): 2075~2080
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기