Numerical and experimental study on hollow-cone fuel spray of high-pressure swirl injector under high ambient pressure condition
A hybrid breakup model was proposed as a trustworthy prediction of hollow-cone fuel spray in the present study and the atomization process of the hollow-cone fuel spray of a high-pressure swirl injector in a Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) engine under high ambient pressure conditions was studied by a new hybrid breakup model. The proposed hybrid breakup model is composed of the Linearized Instability Sheet Atomization (LISA) model as a primary breakup process. The Aerodynamically Progressed Taylor Analogy Breakup (APTAB) model, instead of the Taylor Analogy Breakup (TAB) model, was used as a secondary breakup process. The effects of the droplet deformation on a droplet aerodynamic external force are considered in the APTAB model. In addition, we replaced the $x^2$ distribution function used in previous the APTAB model by the Rosin-Rammler distribution function to improve the prediction precision. The Laser Induced Exciplex Fluorescence (LIEF) technique and the Phase Doppler Anemometry (PDA) system were used to produce a set of experimental data for the model validation. The estimation of the prediction ability of the LISA+APTAB model was carried out, and spray characteristics, which are difficult to obtain by experimental method, were calculated and discussed. The suggested hybrid breakup model showed better prediction capability compared with the previous model (LISA+TAB model). From the calculated results, the effect of the ambient pressure on the SMD (Sauter Mean Diameter) and droplet velocity could be discussed quantitatively.
GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) . Hybrid breakup model . Atomization . LISA (Linearized Instability Sheet Atomization) model . APTAB (Aerodynamically Progressed Taylor Analogy Breakup) model . SMD (Sauter Mean Diameter).
- R. B. Wicker, H. I. Loya, P. A. Hutchison and J. Sakakibara, SIDI fuel spray structure investigation using flow visualization and digital particle image velocimetry, SAE paper 1999-01-3535 (1999)
- E. A. Ibrahim, H. Q Yang and A. J. Przekwast, Modeling of spray droplets deformation and breakup, AIAA J. Propulsion and Power 9 (4) (1993) 652-654
- C. A. Chryssakis, D. N. Assanis, J. K. Lee and K. Nishida, Fuel spray simulation of high-pressure swirl-injector for DISI engines and comparison with laser diagnostic measurements, SAE Paper 2003-01-0007 (2003)
- Z. Han, S. Parrish, P. V. Farrell and R. D. Reitz, Modeling atomization process of pressure-swirl hollow-cone fuel sprays, Atomization and Sprays 7 (1997) 663-684
- F. Zhao, J. Yoo, Y. Liu and M. Lai, Spray dynamics of high pressure fuel injector for DI gasoline engines, SAE paper 961925 (1996)
- J. H. Park, Development of numerical spray models and application to aeropropulsion engines, Ph. D. Thesis, Seoul National University (2002)
- C. Preussner, C. Doring, S. Fehler and S. Kampmann, GDI: interaction between mixture preparation, combustion system and injector performance, SAE paper 980498 (1998)
- C. Beatrice, P. Belardini, C. Bertoli, M. C. Cameretti and N. C. Cirillo, Fuel jet models for multidimensional diesel combustion calculation : an update," SAE paper 950086 (1995)
- L. W. Evers, Characterization of transient spray from a high pressure swirl injector, SAE paper 940188 (1994)
- D. S. Choi, D. J. Kim and S. C. Hwang, Development behavior of vaporizing sprays from a highpressure swirl injector using exciplex fluorescence method, KSME International Journal 14 (10) (2000) 1143-1150
- D. P. Schmidt, J. K. Martin and R. D. Reitz, Pressure-swirl atomization in the near field, SAE paper 1999-01-0496 (1999)
- S. W. Park, H. J. Kim, K. H. Lee and C. S. Lee, Atomization characteristics and prediction accuracy of LISA-DDB model for gasoline direct injection spray, KSME International Journal 18 (7) (2004) 1177-1186
- N. Dombrowski and W. R. Johns, The aerodynamic instability and disintegration of viscous liquid sheets, Chem. Eng. Sci. 18 (1963) 203-214
- P. J. O'Rourke and A. A. Amsden, The TAB method for numerical calculation of spray droplet breakup, SAE paper 872089 (1987)
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "고온.고압의 분위기 조건에서 GDI 분무의 분열 및 증발과정에 대한 수치적 연구" 한국자동차공학회논문집 = Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 12 (3): 44~50
- 2004 "분위기 조건에 따른 GDI 엔진용 인젝터의 분무거동 및 증발특성에 대한 수치적 해석" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. B. B 28 (5): 545~552
- 2005 "GDI 분무거동 해석을 위한 혼합분열모델 및 증발모델의 검증" 한국자동차공학회논문집 = Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 13 (6): 187~194
- 2006 "중공 원추형 연료 분무의 미립화 및 벽 충돌 과정에 대한 연구" 한국자동차공학회논문집 = Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 14 (4): 132~138
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기