Evaluation of component characteristics of a reheat cycle gas turbine using measured performance data
In this work, component characteristics of a reheat cycle gas turbine in a commercial combined cycle power plant were evaluated. An inverse performance analysis, in which component characteristic parameters were estimated based on measured performance data, was carried out. The measured parameters were the power, the fuel flow rates of two combustors, and the temperatures and pressures at various locations such as the compressor discharge, exits of both the high- and low-pressure turbines. The estimated parameters from the analysis include the compressor and turbine efficiencies and the inlet air flow rate. The analysis was performed for a wide operation range in terms of the ambient temperature and load, providing a database for the variations of the characteristic parameters with changes in the operating condition. In addition, a sensitivity analysis was performed to examine the influence of the uncertainties of the measured parameters on the estimated parameters. The analysis program can be further developed into a performance diagnosis tool and the obtained component characteristic data can be used as reference database.
- R. Bettochi and P. R. Spina, Diagnosis of gas turbine operating conditions by means of the inverse cycle calculation, Proc. of ASME Turbo Expo, Indianapolis, USA, (1999) ASME paper 99-GT-185
- E. Jeffs, Korean combined cycle is commercial launch of GT24, Turbomachinery International, (March/April) (1996) 23-24
- T. S. Kim and S. T. Ro, The effect of gas turbine coolant modulation on the part load performance of combined cycle plants - part 1 : gas turbines, J. of Power and Energy, 211 (1998) 443-451
- H. Koerbaecher, A. Pfeiffer, and T. Rothe, Development and validation of the new Alstom GT24/GT26 upgrade compressor, Proc. of ASME Turbo Expo, Reno, USA, (2005) ASME paper GT2005-68795
- Y. G. Li, P. Pilidis and M. A. Newby, An adaptation for gas turbine design-point performance simulation, Proc. of ASME Turbo Expo, Reno, USA, (2005) ASME paper GT2005-68140
- A. Stamatis, K. Mathioudakis and K. D. Papailiou, Adaptive simulation of gas turbine performance, J. of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 112 (1990) 168-175
- K. Mathioudakis, A. Stamatis, A. Tsalavoutas and N. Aretakis, Performance analysis of industrial gas turbines for engine condition monitoring, J. of Power and Energy, (215) 173-184
- S. H. Yoon, D. H. Jeong and T. S. Kim, Analysis of operation conditions of a reheat cycle gas turbine for a combined cycle power plant, J. of Fluid Machinery (in Korean), 9 (6) (2006) 34-44
- F. Joos, P. Brunner, B. Schulte-Werning, K. Syed and A. Eroglu, Development of the sequential combustion system for the GT24/GT26 gas turbine family, ABB review (4) (1998) 4-16
- J. H. Kim, Analysis on transient behavior of gas turbines for power generation, Ph. D. Thesis, Seoul National Univ., Korea, (2000)
- B. R. Roth, D. L. Doel, D. Mavris and D. Beeson, High-accuracy matching of engine performance models to test data, Proc. of ASME Turbo Expo, Atlanta, USA, (2003) ASME paper GT2003-38784
- Y. G. Li, Performance-analysis-based gas turbine diagnostics: a review, J. of Power and Energy, 216 (2002) 363-374
- J. J. Lee, J. E. Yoon, T. S. Kim and J. L. Sohn, Performance test and component characteristics evaluation of a micro gas turbine, J. of Mechanical Science and Technology, 21 (1) (2006) 141-152
- A. Mayer and S. Van der Linden, GT24/26 advanced cycle system power plant progress for the new millennium, Proc. of ASME Turbo Expo, Indianapolis, USA, (1999) ASME paper 99-GT-404
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Kim, Jae-Hwan 2009. "" 유체기계저널 = Journal of fluid machinery, 12(1): 70~75
- Lee, Hyun-Seung ; Lee, Young-Shin 2012. "Design Optimization on End Coupling as a Power Transmission Component for Aluminum Hot Rolling Process" 한국CAD/CAM학회논문집 = Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 17(1): 1~6
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기