전자기력을 이용한 박판 성형공정의 해석적 연구
Numerical Simulation of Thin Sheet Metal Forming Process using Electromagnetic Force
Electromagnetic Forming (EMF) technology such as magnetic pulse forming, which is one of the high velocity forming methods, has been used for the joining and forming process in various industry fields. This method could be derived a series of deformation of sheet metal by using a strong magnetic field. In this study, numerical approach by finite element simulation of the electromagnetic forming process was presented. A transient electromagnetic finite element code was used to obtain the numerical model of the time-varying currents that are discharged through the coil in order to obtain the transient magnetic forces. Also, the body forces generated in electromagnetic field were used as the loading condition to analyze deformation of thin sheet metal workpiece using explicit dynamic finite element code. In this study, after finite element analysis for thin sheet metal forming process with free surface configuration was performed, analytical approach for a dimpled shape by using EMF was carried out. Furthermore, the simulated results of the dimpled shape by EMF were compared with that by a conventional solid tool in view of the deformed shape. From the results of finite element analysis, it is confirmed that the EMF process could be applied to thin sheet metal forming.
- D. N. Lee, 1991, Principle and Application of Electromagnetic Forming, Mechanics & Material, vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 17-29
- J. S. Lee, 1988, The Electromagnetic Forming Method, KSME, vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 476-486
- N. H. Kim, H. S. Son, W. S. Hwang, J. S. Lee, 1992, A Study on Electromagnetic Joining of Aluminum Tubes to Polyurethane Cores, KSPE, vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 66-74
- S. H. Lee, D. N. Lee, 1991, A Finite Element Analysis of Electromagnetic Forming for Tube Expansion, KSME, vol. 14, No 6, pp. 1872-1885
- I. V. Belyy, S. M. Fertik, L. T. Khieneko, 1970, Electromagnetic metal forming handbook, The Ohio State University(M. Altynova, Translated from Russian, The Ohio State University, 1996)
- ANSYS Release 10.0 User Manual
- D. A. Oliveira, M. J. Worswick, M. Finn, D. Newman, 2005, Electromagnetic forming of aluminum alloy sheet : Free-form and cavity fill experiments and model, J. Mater. Process Tech., Vol. 170, pp. 350-362
- H. Suzuki, H. Negishi, Y. Yocouchi, M. Murata, 1986, Free expansion of tube under magnetic pressure, J. JSTP, vol.27, pp.1254-1260
- M. Kamal, J. Shang, V. Cheng, S. Hatkevich, G. S. Daehn, 2007, Agile manufacturing of a microembossed case by a two-step electromagnetic forming process, J. Mater. Process Tech., Vol. 190, pp. 41-50
- S. C. Chung, G. B. Choi, H. C. Sin, N. H. Kim, J. S. Lee, 1993, Analysis of Tube Compression with a Mandrel by Electromagnetic Forming, KSME, vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 371-379
- A. G. Mamalis, D. E. Manolakos, A. G. Kladas, A. K. Koumoutsos, 2005, Physical principles of electromagnetic forming process: a constitutive finite element model, J. Mater. Process Tech., Vol. 161, pp. 294-299
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Lee, H.M. ; Kang, B.S. ; Kim, J. 2010. "Development of Sheet Metal Forming Apparatus Using Electromagnetic Lorentz Force" 소성가공 = Transactions of materials processing : Journal of the Korean society for technology of plastics, 19(1): 38~43
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기