Mesangial 세포에서 고포도당에 의해 유도되는 insulin-like growth factor 분비 촉진작용에 대한 ginsenosides의 차단 효과
Ginsenosides Protect the High Glucose-induced Stimulation of IGFs in Mesangial Cells
인삼은 고전적으로 항당뇨 효과가 있는 것으로 보고되고 있다. Insulin-like growth factor (IGF) 역시 당뇨병성 신증의 발병 초기에 중요한 역할을 하는 것으로 알려져 있다. 이에 본 연구에서는 mesangial 세포에서 고포도당에 의한 IGF 분비에 대한 ginsenoside의 차단 효과 및 이와 관련된 신호전달계를 알아보았다. 결과는 다음과 같다. 고포도당에 의해 증가 되었던 IGF-I 및 IGF-II 분비 촉진 작용은 GTS, PD 및 PT 처리 시 차단되었으며, 세포 성장 촉진작용에서도 같은 효과를 볼 수 있었다. 아울러 고포도당에 의한 산화성 스트레스 종가, GSH 감소, AA 방출 증가 작용 및 $PGE_2$ 합성 증가 작용은 GTS 처리시 현저하게 차단되었으며 PD 및 PT 처리 시 역시 억제 되는 것으로 나타났다. 이상의 결과를 볼 때 mesangial 세포에서 ginsenoside는 산화성 스트레스 및 arachidonic acid 활성 경로를 억제하여 고포도당에 의한 IGFs 분비 작용을 차단하는 것으로 나타났다.
Panax ginseng C. A. MEYER is one of the most widely used herbal medicines in the Asian countries and has diverse functions including anti-diabetic action. The dysfunctions of mesangial cells in hyperglycemic conditions are implicated in the development of diabetic nephropathy. Insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) are also associated with the onset of diabetic nephropathy. Thus, we examined the effect of ginsenosides against high glucose-induced dysfunction of primary cultured rat mesangial cells. In the present study, high glucose increased IGF-I and IGF-II secretion in mesangial cells. Ginsenoside total saponin (GTS) prevented high glucose-induced increase of IGF-I and IGF-II secretion in mesangial cells. In addition, GTS prevented high glucose-induced increase of lipid peroxide formation and decrease of GSH contents. GTS also ameliorates high glucose-induced increase of arachidonic acid release and decrease of prostaglandin $E_2$ . In conclusion, GTS prevented high glucose-induced dysfunction of mesangial cells via inhibition of oxidative stress and arachidonic acid pathways.
- Xie, J. T., S. R. Mehendale, A. Wang, A. H. Han, J. A. Wu, J. Osinski and C. S. Yuan. 2004. American ginseng leaf: ginsenoside analysis and hypoglycemic activity. Pharmacol. Res. 49, 113-117.
- Anderson, M. E. 1989. Determination of glutathione and glutathione disulfide in biological samples. Methods Enzymol. 113, 548-554.
- Bowsher, R. R., W. H. Lee, J. M. Apathy, P. J. O'Brien, A. L. Ferguson and D. P. Henry. 1991. Measurement of insulin-like growth factor-II in physiological fluids and tissues. I. An improved extraction procedure and radioimmunoassay for human and rat fluids. Endocrinology 128, 805-814.
- Bradford, M. M. 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal. Biochem. 72, 248-254.
- Catherwood, M. A, L. A Powell, P. Anderson, D. McMaster, P. C. Sharpe and E. R. Trimble. 2002. Glucose-induced oxidative stress in mesangial cells. Kidney Int. 61, 599-608.
- Cho, W. C. W. S. Chung, S. K. Lee, A. W. Leung, C. H. Cheng and K. K. Yue. 2006. Ginsenoside Re of Panax ginseng possesses significant antioxidant and anti-hyperlipidemic efficacies in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 21, 173-179.
- Cummings, E. A, E. B. Sochett, M. G. Dekker, M. L. Lawson and D. Daneman. 1998. Contribution of growth hormone and IGF-I to early diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetes. Diabetes 47, 1341-1346.
- Daughaday, W. H. and P. Rotwein. 1989. Insulin-like growth factors I and II. Peptide, messenger ribonucleic acid and gene structures, serum, and tissue concentrations. Endocrine Rev. 10, 68-91.
- Fan, Y. P. and R. H. Weiss. 2004. Exogenous attenuation of p21 (Waf1/Cip1) decreases mesangial cell hypertrophy as a result of hyperglycemia and IGF-1. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 15, 575-584.
- Ohkawa, H., N. Ohishi and K. Vagi. 1979. Assay for lipid peroxides in animal tissues by thiobarbituric acid reaction. Anal. Biochem. 95, 351-358.
- Okada, T., J. Wada, K. Hida, J. Eguchi, I. Hashimoto, M. Baba, A. Yasuhara, K. Shikata and H. Makino. 2006. Thiazolidinediones ameliorate diabetic nephropathy via cell cycle-dependent mechanisms. Diabetes 55, 1666-1677.
- Park, C. W., J. H. Kim, J. H. Lee, Y. S. Kim, H. J. Ahn, Y. S. Shin, S. Y. Kim, E. J. Choi, Y. S. Chang and B. K. Bang. 2000. High glucose-induced intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) expression through an osmotic effect in rat mesangial cells is PKC-NF-kappa B-dependent. Diabetologia 43, 1544-1553.
- Segev, Y., R. Eshet, O. Yakir, N. Haim, M. Phillip and D. Landau. 2007. Systemic and renal growth hormone-IGF 1 axis involvement in a mouse model of type 2 diabetes. Diabetologia. 50, 1327-1334.
- Sheetz, M. J. and G. L. King. 2002. Molecular understanding of hyperglycemia's adverse effects for diabetic complications. J.A.M.A. 288, 2579-2588.
- Thrailkill, K. M. 2000. Insulin-like growth factor-I in diabetes mellitus: its physiology, metabolic effects, and potential clinical utility. Diabetes Technol. Ther. 2, 69-80.
- Waki, I., H. Kyo, M. Yasuda and M. Kimura. 1982. Effects of a hypoglycemic component of ginseng radix on insulin biosynthesis in normal and diabetic animals. J. Pharmacobiodyn. 5, 547-554.
- Wardle, E. N. 1996. How does hyperglycaemia predispose to diabetic nephropathy? Q.J.M. 89, 943-951.
- Werner, H., Z. Shen-Orr, B. Stannard, B. Burguera, C. T. Jr. Roberts and D. LeRoith. 1990. Experimental diabetes increases insulinlike growth factor I and II receptor concentration and gene expression in kidney. Diabetes 39, 1490-1497.
- Xing, M., L. Tao and P. A. Insel. 1997. Role of extracellular signal-regulated kinase and PKC alpha in cytosolic PLA2 activation by bradykinin in MDCK-D1 cells. Am. J. Physiol. 272, C1380-1387.
- Xu, Z. G, S. L. Li, L. Lanting, Y. S. Kim, N. Shanmugam, M. A. Reddy and R. Natarajan. 2006. Relationship between 12/15-lipoxygenase and COX-2 in mesangial cells: potential role in diabetic nephropathy. Kidney Int. 69, 512-519.
- Flyvbjerg, A., D. Landau, H. Domene, L. Hernandez, H. Gronbaek and D. LeRoith. 1995. The role of growth hormone, insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), and IGF-binding proteins in experimental diabetic kidney disease. Metabolism 44, 67-71.
- Francki, A., K. Motamed, T. D. McClure, M. Kaya, C. Murri, D. J. Blake, J. G. Carbon and E. H. Sage. 2003. SPARC regulates cell cycle progression in mesangial cells via its inhibition of IGF-dependent signaling. J. Cell Biochem. 88, 802-811.
- Ha, H. and H. B. Lee. 2001. oxidative stress in diabetic nephropathy: basic and clinical information. Curr. Diab. Rep. 1, 282-287.
- Kamata, K., M. Hosokawa, T. Matsumoto and T. Kobayashi. 2006. Altered arachidonic acid-mediated responses in the perfused kidney of the streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat. J. Smooth Mus. Res. 42, 171-187.
- Kiefer, D. and T. Pantuso. 2003. Panax ginseng. Am. Fam. Physician 68, 1539-1542.
- Kim, H. Y. and K. Kim. 2007. Protective effect of ginseng on cytokine-induced apoptosis in pancreatic beta-cells. J. Agric. Food Chem. 55, 2816-2823.
- Kim, H. Y., K. S. Kang, N. Yamabe, R. Nagai and T. Yokozawa. 2007. Protective effect of heat-processed American ginseng against diabetic renal damage in rats. J. Agric. Food Chem., 55, 8491-8497.
- Lee, H. B., J. Y. Seo, M. R. Yu, S. T. Uh and H. Ha. 2007. Radical approach to diabetic nephropathy. Kidney Int. Suppl. 106, S67-S70.
- Li, N., B. Liu, D. E. Dluzen and Y. Jin. 2007. Protective effects of ginsenoside Rg2 against glutamate-induced neurotoxicity in PC12 cells. J. Ethnopharmacol. 111, 458-463.
- Liao, B., H. Newmark and R. Zhou. 2002. Neuroprotective effects of ginseng total saponin and ginsenosides Rb1 and Rg1 on spinal cord neurons in vitro. Exp. Neurol. 173, 224-234.
- Miyatake, N., K. Shikata, J. Wada, H. Sugimoto, S. Takahashi and H. Makino. 1999. Differential distribution of insulin-like growth factor-I and insulin-like growth factor binding proteins in experimental diabetic rat kidney. Nephron 81, 317-323.
- Elliot, S. J., L. J. Striker, M. Hattori, C. W. Yang, C. J. He, E. P. Peten and G. E. Striker. 1993. Mesangial cells from diabetic NOD mice constitutively secrete increased amounts of insulin-like growth factor-I. Endocrinology 133, 1783-1788.
- Lenz, O, S. J. Elliot and W. G. Stetler-Stevenson, 2000. Matrix metalloproteinases in renal development and disease. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 11, 574-581.
- Yamagishi, S., K. Fukami, S. Ueda and S. Okuda. 2007. Molecular mechanisms of diabetic nephropathy and its therapeutic intervention. Curr. Drug Targets. 8, 952-959.
- Yip, T. T., C. N. Lau, Y. C. Kong, K. H. Yung, J. H. Kim and W. S. Woo. 1985. Ginsenoside compositions of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer tissue culture and juice. Am. J. Chin. Med. 13, 89-92.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Kim, Dae-Jung ; Kim, Jeong-Mi ; Kim, Tae-Hyuk ; Baek, Jong-Mi ; Kim, Hyun-Sook ; Choe, Myeon 2010. "Effects of Mixed Extract from Lycium chinense, Cordyceps militaris, and Acanthopanax senticosus on Glucose-Regulating Enzymes of HepG2 in Hyperglycemic Conditions" 한국식품영양과학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 39(9): 1257~1262
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기