미세 표면 구조물을 갖는 패드의 제작 및 STI CMP 특성 연구
Development of Microstructure Pad and Its Performances in STI CMP
Chemical mechanical polishing (CMP) allows the planarization of wafers with two or more materials. There are many elements such as slurry, polishing pad, process parameters and conditioning in CMP process. Especially, polishing pad is considered as one of the most important consumables because this affects its performances such as WIWNU(within wafer non-uniformity) and MRR(material removal rate). In polishing pad, grooves and pores on its surface affect distribution of slurry, flow and profile of MRR on wafer. A subject of this investigation is to apply CMP for planarization of shallow trench isolation structure using microstructure(MS) pad. MS pad is designed to have uniform structure on its surface and manufactured by micro-molding technology. And then STI CMP performances such as pattern selectivity, erosion and comer rounding are evaluated.
- K. Y. Chju, J. L. Moll, and J. Manolio, "A bird's beak free local oxidation technology feasible for VLSI circuits fabrication", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, Vol. ED-29, p. 536, 1982
- R. Tian, X. Tang, and D. F. Wong, "Dummy Feature Placement for Chemical-mechanical Polishing Uniformity in a Shallow Trench Isolation Process", International Symposium on Physical Design Proc., Sonoma, California, p. 118, 2001
- S. Konstantin, "CMP dishing effects in shallow trench isolation", Solid State Technology, Vol. 40, No. 7, 1997
- V. H. Nguyen, R. Daamen, H. van Kranenburg, P. van der Velden, and P. H. Woerlee, "A physical model for dishing during metal CMP", Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Vol. 150, No. 11, p. 689, 2003
- 박기현, 정재우, 박범영, 서헌덕, 이현섭, 정해 도, "CMP 패드 강성에 따른 산화막 불균일성 (WIWNU)에 관한 연구", 전기전자재료학회논문지, 18권, 6호, p. 521, 2005
- S. I. Chung, Y. G. Im, H. Y. Kim, H. D. Jeong, and D. A. Dornfeld, "Evaluation of micro-reflication technology using silicone rubber molds and its applications", International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol. 43, p. 1337, 2003
- J. Y. Choi, H. Y. Kim, J. H. Park, S. I. Chung, H. D. Jeong, and M. Kinoshita, "A study on the manufacture of the next generation CMP pad with uniform shape using micro-molding method", Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 257-258, p. 413, 2004
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기