LCD Module내 COF Bending에 따른 Lead Broken Failure의 개선
Improvement of COF Bending-induced Lead Broken Failure in LCD Module
TCP(Tape Carrier Package), COG (Chip On Glass), COF(Chip On Film) are three methods for connecting LDI(LCD Driver IC) with LCD panels. Especially COF is growing its portion of market place because of low cost and fine pitch correspondence. But COF has a problem of the lead broken failure in LCD module process and the usage of customer. During PCB (Printed Circuit Board) bonding process, the mismatch of the coefficient of thermal expansion between PCB and D-IC makes stress-concentration in COF lead, and also D-IC bending process during module assembly process makes the level of stress in COF lead higher. As an affecting factors of lead-broken failure, the effects of SR(Solder Resister) coating on the COF lead, surface roughness and grain size of COF lead, PI(Polyimide) film thickness, lead width and the ACF(Anisotropic Conductive Film) overlap were studied, The optimization of these affecting manufacturing processes and materials were suggested and verified to prevent the lead-broken failure.
- Turner W. and Lin G., "Flat panel display packaging", Electronic Components and Technology Conference 45th, p. 177, 1995
- G.-S. Shen, "LCD driver IC assembly technologies & status", 2002 Int'l Symposium on Electronic Materials and Packaging, p. 313, 2002
- Watanabe I. and Fujinawa T., "Recent advance of interconnection technologies using anisotropic conductive films in flat panel display application", 9th Int'l Symposium on Advanced Packaging Materials, p. 11, 2004
- J. I. Han, "Low temperature process for plastic LCDs", Trans. EEM, Vol. 4, No. 2, p. 12, 2003
- C. S. Jang, "Issue in assembly process of next-generation fine-pitch chip-on-flex packages for LCD applications", IEEE Transaction on advanced packaging, Vol. 30, No. 1, p. 2, 2007
- J. W. Kim, "Material Science for Mechanical Engineer", SciTech media, p. 52, 1997
- S. Kocanda, "Fatigue Failure of Metals", Sijthoff & Noordhoff International Publisher, p. 1, 1978
- J. A. Bannantine, "Fundamentals of Metal Fatigue Analysis", Prentice Hall, p. 11, 1990
- R. M. Brick, "Structure and Properties of Engineering Materials", McGraw-Hill, p. 9, 1977
- F. Ellyin, "Fatigue Damage Crack Growth and Life Prediction", Chapman & Hall, p. 430, 1997
- T. L. Annerson, "Fracture Mechanics", Taylor & Francis, p. 238, 2005
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기