A Comparative Study of 3D DWT Based Space-borne Image Classification for Differnet Types of Basis Function
In the previous study, the Haar wavelet was used as the sole basis function for the 3D discrete wavelet transform because the number of bands is too small to decompose a remotely sensed image in band direction with other basis functions. However, it is possible to use other basis functions for wavelet decomposition in horizontal and vertical directions because wavelet decomposition is independently performed in each direction. This study aims to classify a high spatial resolution image with the six types of basis function including the Haar function and to compare those results. The other wavelets are more helpful to classify high resolution imagery than the Haar wavelet. In overall accuracy, the Coif4 wavelet has the best result. The improvement of classification accuracy is different depending on the type of class and the type of wavelet. Using the basis functions with long length could be effective for improving accuracy in classification, especially for the classes of small area. This study is expected to be used as fundamental information for selecting optimal basis function according to the data properties in the 3D DWT based image classification.
- Matlab Wavelet Toolbox User's Guide, http://www. mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/pdf_do c/wavelet/wavelet_ug.pdf.
- Yunhao, C., D. Lei, L. Jing, L. Xiaobing, and S. Peijun, 2006. A new wavelet-based image fusion method for remotely sensed data, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 27(7): 1465-1476.
- Boucheron, L. E. and C.D. Creusere, 2005. Lossless wavelet-based compression of digital elevation maps for fast and efficient search and retrieval, Geoscience and Remote Sensing, IEEE Transactions on, 43(5): 1210-1214.
- Tso, B. and R. C. Olsen, 2005. A contextual classification scheme based on MRF model with improved parameter estimation and multiscale fuzzy line process, Remote Sensing of Environment, 97(1): 127-136.
- Koger, C. H., L.M. Bruce, D. R. Shawa, and K.N. Reddyc, 2003. Wavelet analysis of hyperspectral reflectance data for detecting pitted morningglory (Ipomoea lacunosa) in soybean (Glycine max), Remote Sensing of Environment, 86(1): 108-119.
- Yoo, H. Y., K. Lee, and B. D. Kwon, 2007. Application of the 3D Discrete Wavelet Transformation Scheme to Remotely Sensed Image Classification, Korean Journal of Remote Sensing, 23(5): 355-363.
- Daubechies, I., 1992. Ten lectures on wavelets, CBMS, SIAM, 61: 194-202.
- Solbo, S. and T. Eltorft, 2004. Homomorphic Wavelet-Based Statistical Despeckling of SAR Images, Geoscience and Remote Sensing, IEEE Transactions on, 42(4): 711- 720.
- Pajares, G. and J. M. de la Cruz, 2004. A waveletbased image fusion tutorial. Pattern Recognition, 37 (9): 1855-1872.
- Chen, Z. and R. Ning, 2004. Breast volume denoising and noise characterization by 3D wavelet transform, Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, 28(5): 235-246.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2008. "" 대한원격탐사학회지 = Korean journal of remote sensing, 24(5): 437~444
- 2009. "" 대한원격탐사학회지 = Korean journal of remote sensing, 25(3): 215~223
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기