Time Reversa1 Reconstruction of Ultrasonic Waves in Anisotropic Media
Time reversal (TR) of body waves in fluids and isotropic solids has been used in many applications including ultrasonic NDE. However, the study of the TR method for anisotropic materials is not well established. In this paper, the full reconstruction of the input signal is investigated for anisotropic media using an analytical formulation, called a modular Gaussian beam (MGB) model. The time reversal operation of this model in the frequency domain is done by taking the complex conjugate of the Gaussian amplitude and phase received at the TR mirror position. A narrowband reference signal having a particular frequency and number of cycles is then multiplied and the whole signal is inverse Fourier transformed. The original input signal is seen to be fully restored by the TR process of MGB model and this model can be more generalized to simulate the spatial and temporal focusing effects due to TR process in anisotropic materials.
- Fink, M. (1999) Time-Reversed Acoustics, Scientific American Vol. 281, pp. 91-97
- Zhang, B., Wang, C. and Lu, M. (2003) Time Reversal Self-Adaptive Focusing in Anisotropic Elastic Solid Medium, Acoustical Physics Vol. 49, No. 6, pp. 688-694
- Fink, M. (1992) Time Reversal of Ultrasonic Fields: part I. Basic principles, IEEE Trans. UFFC Vol. 39, pp. 555-566
- Jeong, H., Park, M.-C. and Schmerr, L. W. Jr. (2005) Application of a Modular Multi-Gaussian Beam Model to Ultrasonic Wave Propagation with Multiple Interfaces, Journal of the Korean Society for Nondestructive Testing, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 163-170
- Draeger, C., Cassereau, D. and Fink, M. (1997) Acoustic Time Reversal in Solids, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. Vol. 102, No. 3, pp. 1289-1295
- Jeong, H. and Schmerr, L. W. Jr. (2006) Effects of Material Anisotropy on Ultrasonic Beam Propagation: Diffraction and Beam Skew, Journal of the Korean Society for Nondestructive Testing, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 198-205
- Fink, M. and Prada, C. (2001) Acoustic Time-Reversal Mirrors, Inverse Problems Vol. 17, R1-R38
- Schmerr, L. W. Jr. and Song, S.-J. (2007) Ultrasonic NDE Systems: Models and Measurements, Springer
- Chakroun, N., Fink, M. and Wu, F. (1995) Time Reversal Processing in Ultrasonic Nondestructive Testing, IEEE Trans. UFFC Vol. 42, pp. 1087
- Jeong, H. and Schmerr, L. W. Jr. (2007) Ultrasonic Beam Propagation in Highly Anisotropic Materials Simulated by Multi-Gaussian Beams, Mechanical Science and Technology Vol. 21, pp. 1139-1149
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기