Reconstruction of Dispersive Lamb Waves in Time Plates Using a Time Reversal Method
Time reversal (TR) of nondispersive body waves has been used in many applications including ultrasonic NDE. However, the study of the TR method for Lamb waves on thin structures is not well established. In this paper, the full reconstruction of the input signal is investigated for dispersive Lamb waves by introducing a time reversal operator based on the Mindlin plate theory. A broadband and a narrowband input waveform are employed to reconstruct the $A_0$ mode of Lamb wave propagations. Due to the frequency dependence of the TR process of Lamb waves, different frequency components of the broadband excitation are scaled differently during the time reversal process and the original input signal cannot be fully restored. This is the primary reason for using a narrowband excitation to enhance the flaw detectability.
- Fink, M. (1999) Time-Reversed Acoustics, Scientific American, Vol. 281, No. 5, pp. 91-97
- Rose, L. R. F. and Wang, C. H. (2004) Mindlin Plate Theory for Damage Detection, Source Locations, J. Acoust. Soc. Am Vol. 116, No. 1, pp. 154-171
- Park, H. W., Sohn, H., Law K. H. and Farrar, C. R. (2007) Time Reversal Active Sensing for Health Monitoring of a Composite Plate, J. Sound and Vib. Vol. 302, pp. 50-66
- Wang, C. H., Rose, J. T. and Chang, F.-K. (2003) A Computerized Time-Reversal Method for Structural Health Monitoring, Proc. SPIE Conference on NDE and Health Monitoring of Aerospace Materials and Composites II Vol. 5046, pp. 48-58
- Ing, R. K. and Fink, M. (1998) Self-Focusing and Time Recompression of Lamb Waves Using a Time Reversal Mirror, Ultrasonics Vol. 36, pp. 179-186
- Ing, R. K. and Fink, M. (1998) Time-Reversed Lamb Waves, IEEE UFFC Vol. 45, pp. 1032- 1043
- Draeger, C. Cassereau, D. and Fink, M. (1997) Acoustic Time Reversal in Solids, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. Vol. 102, No. 3, pp. 1289-1295
- Fink, M. and Prada, C. (2001) Acoustic Time-Reversal Mirrors, Inverse Problems Vol. 17, R1-R38
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기