Mode Selection of Leaky Lamb Waves in Steel Plate
The dispersion and attenuation of Lamb and Leaky Lamb waves propagating in a 1 mm-thick steel plate were investigated. For acquiring a long(or large) range inspection capability, the fundamental symmetric and anti-symmetric wave modes(S0 and A0) over law frequencies were studied. Based on the dispersion curves, as well as pitch-catch and multi-mode simulations, it was shown that the S0 mode over law frequencies is the proper mode to minimize the dispersion and attenuation. In addition, it was shown that the S0 mode couldbe easily distinguished under multi-mode simulation since it has a larger group velocity than the A0 mode.
- Alleyne, D.N. (1991). The Nondestructive Testing of Plates using Ultrasonic Lamb Waves, PhD Thesis, Imperial College London
- Na, W.B. and Kundu, T. (2002). “Underwater Pipeline Inspection using Guided Waves”, Transactions of the ASME-Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, Vol 124, pp 196-200
- Pan, E., Rogers, J., Datta, S.K. and Shah, A.H. (1999). “Mode Selection of Guided Waves for Ultrasonic Inspection of Gas Pipeline with Thick Coating”, Mechanics of Materials, Vol 31, pp 165-174
- Pavlakovic, B.N., Lowe, M.J.S., Alleyne, D.N. and Cawley, P. (1997). “Disperse: A General Purpose Program for Creating Dispersion Curves”, Eds. D.O. Thompson and D.E. Chimenti, Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, Vol 18, pp 239-246, Plenum Press, New York
- Kwun, H., Kim, S.Y., Choi, M.S. and Walker, S.M. (2004). “Torsional Guided-Wave Attenuation in Coal-Tar-Enamel-Coated, Buried Piping”, NDT&E International, Vol 37, pp 663-665
- Diligent, O. (2003). Interaction Between Fundamental Lamb Modes and Defects in Plates, PhD Thesis, Imperial College London
- Guo, D. and Kundu, T. (2001). “A New Transducer Holder Mechanism for Pipe Inspection”, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol 110, pp 303-309
- Na, W.B., Ryu, Y.S., and Kim, J.T. (2005). “Attenuation of Fundarrental Longitudinal Cylindrical Guided Wave Propagating in a liquid-Filled Steel Pipes”, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol 19, No 5, pp 26-33
- Rose, J.L., Ditri, J.J., Pilarski, A, Rajana, K., and Carr, F. (1994). “A Guided Wave Inspection Technique for Nuclear Steam Generator Tubing”, NDT&E International, Vol 27, pp 307-310
- Alleyne, D.N. and Cawley, P. (1996). "The Excitation of Lamb Waves in Pipes using Dry-Coupled Piezoelectric Transducers", Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation, Vol 15, pp 11-20
- Lowe, M. (1995). “Matrix Techniques for Modelling Ultrasonic Waves in Multilayered Media”, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, Frequency Control, Vol 42, pp 525-542
- Na, W.B., Kim, J.T., and Ryu, Y.S. (2006). “Guided-Waves-Based Mortar-Filled Steel Pipe Inspection Using EMAT and Wavelet Transform”, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol 20, No 2, pp 8-15
- Favestto-Anres, N. and Rabau, G. (1997). “Excitation of the Stoneley-Scholte Wave at the Boundary Between an Ideal Fluid and a Viscoelastic Solid”, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol 203, pp 193-208
- Wilcox, P., Lowe, M., and Cawley, P. (2001). “The Effect of Dispersion on Long-Range Inspection using Ultrasonic Guided Waves”, NDT&E International, Vol 34, pp 1-9
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Lee, Ju-Won ; Na, Won-Bae 2009. "Numerical Simulation of Guided Ultrasonic Waves for Inspecting Epoxy Thickness in Aluminum-Epoxy-Aluminum Adhesive Plates" 韓國海洋工學會誌 = Journal of ocean engineering and technology, 23(6): 117~123
- Lee, Ju-Won ; Na, Won-Bae ; Shin, Sung-Woo ; Kim, Jae-Min 2010. "Effect of Surrounding Soil Properties on the Attenuation of the First Guided Longitudinal Wave Mode Propagating in Water-filled, Buried Pipes" 韓國海洋工學會誌 = Journal of ocean engineering and technology, 24(4): 32~37
- DBPia : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기