Fatigue life prediction of a cable harness in an industrial robot using dynamic simulation
The cable which transfers the signal and power in an industrial robot has a problem of fatigue fracture like steel components. Since the cable is very flexible compared to other components of the system, it is difficult to estimate its motion numerically. Some studies have been done on a large deformation problem, especially in a cable, and a few attempts have been made to apply the absolute nodal coordinate formulation(ANCF), which can simulate a large deformation. Only researches about the fatigue life of structural cables or comparative studies of FEM and ANCF simulations can be found. This paper presents a method to simulate the behavior of the cable harness using the ANCF and to predict the fatigue life while computing the strain time history of the point of interest. Rigid body dynamics is applied for the robot system, while ANCF is used for the cable harness. The simulation is performed by using the dynamic analysis process. The material property of the cable is obtained by a test. A simplified model is prepared. With these data, the behavior of the cable is simulated and the fatigue life is predicted.
- J. H. Seo, Dynamic analysis method and its applications for very flexible multibody systems, Dissertation, Ajou University, (2005)
- A. A. Shabana and R. Y. Yakoub, Three dimensional absolute nodal coordinate formulation for beam elements: theory, Transaction of the ASME 123 (2001) 606-613
- W. S. Yoo, S. J. Lee and J. H. Sohn, Large oscillations of a thin cantilever beam: physical experiments and simulation using absolute nodal coordinate formulation, Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics 34 (2003) 3-29
- J. A. Bannantine, J. J. Comer and J. L. Handrock, Fundamentals of Metal Fatigue Analysis, Prentice Hall, USA, (1990)
- E. J. Haug, Computer-Aided Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanical Systems, Vol. I : Basic Methods, Allyn and Bacon, USA, (1989)
- A. A. Shabana, Dynamics of Multibody Systems, 2nd Edition, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, USA, (1998)
- Product Catalog, Hitachi Cable Co
- Bathe, K. J., Finite Element Procedures, Prentice- Hall, USA, (1995)
- A. A. Shabana, Computer implementation of the absolute nodal coordinate formulation for flexible multibody dynamics, Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics 16 (1998) 293-306
- A. A. Shabana, Flexible multibody dynamics: review of past and recent developments, Journal of Multibody System Dynamics 1 (1997) 189-222
- D. Vallejo, J. Mayo, J. L. Escalona and J. Dominguez, Efficient evaluation of the elastic forces and jacobian in the absolute nodal coordinate formulation, Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics Vol. 35 (2004) 313-329
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Jung, Sung-Pil ; Park, Tae-Won ; Cheong, Won-Sun 2010. "Flexible Multibody Dynamic Analysis of the Wiper System for Automotives" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. A. A, 34(2): 175~181
- Chung, Won-Sun ; Song, Hyun-Seok ; Park, Tae-Won ; Jung, Sung-Pil ; Kim, Wook-Hyeon 2010. "An Analysis about the Behavior of the Wiper Blade Including Incompressibility" 한국자동차공학회논문집 = Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 18(2): 83~90
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기