An Analysis of Streambed Changes Downstream of Daecheong Dam
Riverbed change is greatly influenced by artificial factors such as dam construction, gravel collection, and river improvement. This study simulated a long-term bed change based on the GSTARS3 model using actual data from the area downstream of the Geum River Daecheong Dam and compared the estimation with a section of the actual measurement. As a result, it was found that the section of the actual measurement was far lower than the result of the simulation in terms of long-term bed change. While the area downstream of Daecheong Dam displayed approximately an average of 2.29 m of streambed degradation on average while the upper stream area showed approximately 0.63 m of bed degradation over 24 years. In the simulation of the area downstream of Daecheong Dam based on the GSTARS3 model, similar bed degradation was observed. However, a great difference was detected between the result and the actual measurement. According to the cause analysis, the riverbed in the area downstream of Daecheong Dam has continuously degraded due to the dam construction and mass collection of gravel. The mass collection of gravel was the main cause of riverbed change. It was found that about 76% of all riverbed degradation was caused by the mass collection of gravel.
- Chungnam-do (1995) Comprehensive Geum-river development project (1st stage). Chungnam-do
- Korea Institute of Construction and Technology(KICT) (1989) Development of a Guideline for the Selection of Sediment Transport Formulas. KICT
- Korea Water Coporation(KOWACO) (2005) Prediction of Scour and Deposition in River and Reservoir, 14th Water Engineering Workshop, Korea Institute of Construction and Technology
- Meyer-Peter, E., and Muller, R. (1948) Formula for bed-load transport, Proc. of the 2nd Congress of the IAHR, Stockholm
- Ministry of Construction(MOC) (1988) Geum-river basin comprehensive management plan. MOC
- Molinas, A., and Yang, C.T. (1986) Computer Program User's Manual GSTARS(Generalized Stream Tube model for Alluvial River Simulation), U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, Denver, Colorado
- Chih Ted Yang and Francisco J.M. Simoes (2002) User's Manual for GSTARS3 (Generalized Sediment Transport model for Alluvial River Simulation version 3.0). Colorado State University Engineering Research Center(CSU)
- Ministry of Construction(MOC) (1985) Geum-river bed change investigation report. MOC
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation(MOCT) (2002) Geum-river basin management plan. MOCT
- Yang, C.T. (1984) Unit Stream power equation for gravel. J. Hydrology. Eng, ASCE, Vol. 110, No. 12
- Bennet, J.P., and Nordin, C.F. (1977) Simulation of sediment transport and armouring. Hydr, Sci, Bul. 22
- Laursen, E.M. (1958) The total sediment load of streams, J. Hydrology, Div. ASCE 84(HY1)
- Engelund, F., and Hansen, E. (1972) A Monograph on Sediment Transport in Alluvial Streams. Teknish Forlag, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Krone, R. B. (1962) Flume studies of the transport of sediment in estuarial processes. Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory and Sanitary Engineering Research Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, California
- Toffaleti, Fred B. (1969) Def initive Computations of Sand Discharge in Rivers. J. Hydrology, Div. ASCE, Vol. 95, No. HY1, Proc. paper 6357, pp. 225-248
- Yang, C.T. (1979) Unit stream power equations for total load. J. Hydrology, Vol. 40
- Ministry of Construction(MOC) (1974, 1975) Geum-river management plans. MOC
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Yeon, Kyu-Sung ; Jeong, Sang-Man ; Yun, Chan-Young ; Lee, Joo-Heon ; Shin, Kwang-Seob 2009. "A Riverbed Change Prediction by River-Crossing Structure -Focused on the Major River Reaches of the Multifunctional Administrative City-" 한국방재학회논문집 = Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, 9(1): 107~113
- NDSL :
- 한국방재학회 : 저널
- 원문이 없습니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기