Predictors of 30-Day Mortality and 90-Day Functional Recovery after Primary Intracerebral Hemorrhage : Hospital Based Multivariate Analysis in 585 Patients
Objective : The purpose of this study was to identify independent predictors of mortality and functional recovery in patients with primary intracerebral hemorrhage (PICH) and to improve functional outcome in these patients. Methods : Data were collected retrospectively on 585 patients with supratentorial PICH admitted to the Stroke Unit at our hospital between 1st January 2004 and the 31st July 2008. Using multivariate logistic regression analysis, the associations between all selected variables and 30-day mortality and 90-day functional recoveries after PICH was evaluated. Results : Ninety-day functional recovery was achieved in 29.1% of the 585 patients and 30-day mortality in 15.9%. Age (OR=7.384, p=0.000), limb weakness (OR=6.927, p=0.000), and hematoma volume (OR=5.293, p=0.000) were found to be powerful predictors of 90-day functional recovery. Furthermore, initial consciousness (OR=3.013, p=0.014) hematoma location (lobar, OR=2.653, p=0.003), ventricular extension of blood (OR=2.077, p=0.013), leukocytosis (OR=2.048, p=0.008), alcohol intake (drinker, OR=1.927, p=0.023), and increased serum aminotransferase (OR=1.892, p=0.035) were found to be independent predictors of 90-day functional recovery after PICH. On the other hand, a pupillary abnormality (OR=4.532, p=0.000) and initial unconsciousness (OR=3.362, p=0.000) were found to be independent predictors of 30-day mortality after PICH. Conclusion : The predictors of mortality and functional recovery after PICH identified during this analysis may assist during clinical decision-making, when advising patients or family members about the prognosis of PICH and when planning intervention trials.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2000 "술전 색전술과 미세수술을 이용한 뇌동정맥기형의 치료" 대한신경외과학회지 = Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society 29 (4): 500~506
- 2000 "다발성 뇌동맥류의 수술적 치료 결과에 대한 연구" 대한신경외과학회지 = Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society 29 (10): 1322~1327
- 2001 "수술 치료를 받은 원발성 척추염 환자의 임상적 고찰" 대한신경외과학회지 = Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society 30 (10): 1163~1169
- 2001 "척수 신경초종을 동반한 결핵성 척추염 1례 - 증례보고 -" 대한신경외과학회지 = Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society 30 (10): 1241~1244
- 2005 "Anterior Cervical Interbody Fusion with the Carbon Composite Osta-Pek Frame Cage in Degenerative Cervical Diseases" Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society = 대한신경외과학회지 37 (6): 422~426
- 2005 "Endoscopic Surgery for Pituitary Tumor" Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society = 대한신경외과학회지 37 (1): 20~24
- 2006 "Anterior and Posterior Stabilization by One Stage Posterolateral Approach in the Unstable Fracture of Thoracolumbar and Lumbar Spine" Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society = 대한신경외과학회지 40 (1): 22~27
- 2008 "Skull Base Invasion of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma of the Lacrimal Gland : A Case Report" Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society = 대한신경외과학회지 44 (4): 273~276
- 2009 "Predictors for Functional Recovery and Mortality of Surgically Treated Traumatic Acute Subdural Hematomas in 256 Patients" Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society = 대한신경외과학회지 45 (3): 143~150
- 2009 "Even in Patients with a Small Hemorrhagic Volume, Stereotactic-Guided Evacuation of Spontaneous Intracerebral Hemorrhage Improves Functional Outcome" Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society = 대한신경외과학회지 46 (2): 109~115
- Synapse : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기