Flow Analysis in Positive Displacement Micro-Hydro Turbine and Development of Low Pulsation Turbine
In order to extract micro hydropower in the very low specific speed range, a Positive Displacement Turbine (PDT) was proposed and steady performance was determined experimentally. However, the suppression of large pressure pulsation is inevitable for practical application of PDT. The objective of the present study is to reveal the mechanism and the characteristics of pressure pulsation in PDT by use of CFD and to suppress the pressure pulsation. Unsteady CFD analysis has revealed that large pressure pulsation is caused by large variation of rotational speed of the following rotor, while the driving rotor, which is output rotor, keeps constant speed. Here is newly proposed a 4-lobe helical type rotor which can reduce the pressure pulsation drastically and the performance prediction of new PDT is determined.
- Harvey, A., Brown, A., Hettiarachi, P. and Inversin, A., 2005, Micro-Hydro Design manual ？ A guide to Small-Scale Water Power Schemes, ITDG Publishing, UK.
- Davis, S., 2003, Microhydro : Clean Power from Water, New Society Publisher, Canada.
- Thake, J., 2000, The Micro-Hydro Pelton Turbine Manual, ITDG Publishing, UK.
- Khennas, S. and Barnett, A., 2000, “Best Practices for Sustainable Development of Micro hydro Power in Developing countries,” Report for The Department for International Development, UK and The World Bank (Contract R7215), The Schumacher Centre for Technology and Development, UK.
- Dhanapala, K. and Wijayatunga, P., 2002, “Economic and Environmental Impact of Micro-Hydro- and Biomass-Based Electricity Generation in the Sri Lanka Tea Plantation Sector,” Energy for Sustainable Development, Vol. VI, No. 1, pp. 47-55.
- Phommachanh, D., Kurokawa, J., Choi, Y-D. and Nakajima, N., 2006, “Development of a Positive Displacement Micro-Hydro Turbine,” JSME Internatinal Journal, Series B, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp.482-489.
- The Japan Fluid Power System Society, 2003, Hydraulic Pressure Drive Text Book (in Japanese).
- ANSYS Inc., 2004, ANSYS CFX Documentation Ver.5.7.1.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- Hwang, Yeong-Ho ; Lee, Young-Ho ; Choi, Young-Do 2011. "Field Test for Performance Evaluation of a Tubular Turbine in Marine Small Hydro Power Plant" 한국마린엔지니어링학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 35(8): 1070~1077
- Hwang, Yeong-Ho ; Lee, Young-Ho ; Choi, Young-Do 2011. "Performance Measurement of a Tubular Type Turbine System for Small Hydropower by Field Test" 유체기계저널 = Journal of fluid machinery, 14(6): 5~10
- Hwang, Yeong-Cheol ; Choi, Young-Do 2013. "Construction of Marine Small Hydro Power Plant using Discharge Water of Fish Farm" 한국유체기계학회 논문집 = The KSFM journal of fluid machinery, 16(5): 11~17
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2008.1.1.076
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/1.76?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기