Reynolds Number Effect on Regenerative Pump Performance in Low Reynolds Number Range
The effect of Reynolds number on the performance of a regenerative pump was examined in a low Reynolds number range in experiment. The head of the regenerative pump increased at low flow rates and decreased at high flow rates as the Reynolds number decreased. The computation of the internal flow was made to clarify the cause of the Reynolds number effect. At low flow rates, the head is decreased with increasing the Reynolds number due to the decrease of the shear force exerted by the impeller caused by the increase of leakage and hence local flow rate. At higher flow rates, the head is increased with increasing the Reynolds number with decreased loss at the inlet and outlet as well as the decreased shear stress on the casing wall.
- Yamazaki, S., Tomita, Y., and Sasahara, T., 1971, “Research on the Performance of Regenerative Pump with InclinedVanes (2nd Report, Influence of Pump Elements),” Transactions of the JSME, Series 2, Vol. 37, No. 299, pp. 1336-1342 (inJapanese).
- Hollenberg, J. W., 1987, “Reynolds Number Effects on Regenerative Pump Performance,” ASME J. Eng. for Industry,Vol. 109, No. 4, pp. 392-395.
- Iversen, H. W., 1955, “Performance of the Periphery Pump,” Transactions of the ASME, Vol. 77, No. 1, pp. 19-28.
- Shimosaka, M. and Yamazaki, S., 1960, “Research on the Characteristics of Regenerative Pump (1st Report, Influence ofFlow Channel and Impeller),” Bulletin of JSME, Vol. 3, No. 10, pp. 185-190.
- Murata, S., Inaba, T., and Hayashi, M., 1980, “An Investigation of Regenerative Fan (1st Report, Influence ofGeometries of Impeller and Intake,” Transactions of the JSME, Series B, Vol. 46, No. 410, pp. 1968-1976 (in Japanese).
- Engels, H., 1940, “Untersuchungen an Ringpumpen (Seitenkanal-pumpen),” Dissertation, Tech. Hoch, Hannover.
- Wilson, W. A., Santalo, M. A., and Oelrich, J. A., 1955, “A Theory of the Fluid-Dynamic Mechanism of RegenerativePumps,” Transactions of the ASME, Vol. 77, No. 8, pp. 1303-1316.
- Hollenberg, J. W. and Potter, J. H., 1979, “An Investigation of Regenerative Blowers and Pumps,” ASME J. Eng. for Industry,Vol. 101, No. 2, pp. 147-152.
- Kang, S. H. and Kim, Y. H., 2007, “New Industrial Applications of Regenerative Pumps and Compressors,” Proc. 9th AsianInternational Conference on Fluid Machinery, Jeju, Korea, AICFM9-PL01, pp. 3-12.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2009. "" International journal of fluid machinery and systems, 2(3): 189~196
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2008.1.1.101
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/1.101?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기