Experimental Study of Check Valves in Pumping Systems with Air Entrainment
An experiment setup was introduced to study dynamic behaviour of different types of check valves and the effects of air entrainment on the check valve performance under pressure transient condition. The experiment results show that the check valves with low inertia, assisted by springs or small traveling distance/angle gave better performance under pressure transient condition than check valves without these features. Air entrainment was found to affect both wave speed and reverse velocity. With the increase of the initial air void fraction in pipeline, the experiment results show that the wave speed was reduced, the reverse velocity was increased. The first peak pressure increased initially and then decreased with the increase of the initial air void fraction, the pressure surge periods were increased proportionally with air void fraction due to the greatly reduced wave speed. The study can be applied to help choosing suitable check valves for a particular pumping system.
- Thorley, A. R. D., 1989, “Check valve behavior under transient flow conditions: A state-of-the-art review,” Journal of FluidsEngineering. Vol. 111, pp. 178-183.
- Provoost, A. G., 1982, “The dynamic characteristics of non-return valves,” 11th IAHR Symposium of the section on HydraulicMachinery equipment and cavitation; Operating problems of pump stations and power plants, Amsterdam.
- Koetzier, H., Kruisbrink, A. C. H. and Lavooij, C. S. W., 1986, “Dynamic behaviour of large non-return valves,” Procs. 5th Int.Conf. on Pressure surges, BHRA, Hannover, pp. 237-244.
- Megan, L., 2006, “Pipe down the chatter,” Water and Wastes Digest, Vol. 46, No. 3, pp. 24-26.
- Ballun, J. V., 2007, “A methodology for predicting check valve slam,” Journal / American Water Works Association, Vol. 99,No. 3, pp. 60-65.
- Lee, T. S., 1995, “Numerical studies on effect of check valve performance on pressure surges during pump trip in pumpingsystems with air entrainment,” Int. J. for Numerical methods in Fluids. Vol. 21, pp. 337-348.
- Lee, T. S. and Leow, L. C., 2001, “Numerical study on effects of check valve closure flow conditions on pressure surges inpumping station with air entrainment,” Int. J. for Numerical Methods in Fluids.,Vol. 35, pp. 117-124.
- Lee, T. S., 1994, “Numerical modelling and computation of fluid pressure transients with air entrainment in pumpinginstallations,” Int. J. for numerical methods in fluids, Vol. 19, pp. 89-103.
- Brown, R. J., 1968, “Water-column separation at two pumping plants,” J. Basic Eng., ASME, pp. 521-531.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2016. "" International journal of fluid machinery and systems, 9(1): 39~46
저자의 다른 논문
- 2011 "Unsteady Analysis of Impeller-Volute Interaction in Centrifugal Pump" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 4 (3): 349~359
- 2011 "Numerical Study of Inlet and Impeller Flow Structures in Centrifugal Pump at Design and Off-design Points" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 4 (1): 25~32
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2008.1.1.140
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/1.140?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기