알츠하이머병에서의 시공간 작업기억 특성
The Characteristics of Visuospatial Working Memory in Alzheimer's Disease
Objectives : Mild Alzheimer's disease(AD) is uncertain to be related to visuospatial working memory subsystem dysfunction. We used the self ordered pointing test(SOPT) to find the characteristics of visuospatial working memory in mild AD. Methods : We compared the visuospatial working memory abilities of 20 patients with mild AD and 20 normal elderly controls(NC) using SOPT, of which stimuli consisted of two stimuli types(A : abstract, C : concrete) and two stimuli numbers(8 and 12). Therefore, working memory was tested using C8, C12, A8, and A12 stimuli conditions in SOPT. Mixed-model ANOVA was conducted with the AD and NC groups as between-subjects factor, with stimuli types and stimuli numbers as the within-subjects factors and with SOPT error rates as the dependent variable. Results : The AD group showed higher error rates in SOPT than the NC group. The NC group showed low error rates in concrete stimuli than in abstract stimuli and in small stimuli numbers than in large stimuli numbers. And the AD group showed no differences between stimuli types or stimuli numbers. Conclusion : AD patients showed a poor performance in visuospatial working memory using concrete stimuli. The result suggests that there is a non-transformation from visual input to phonological working memory in AD. Patients with AD showed a poor performance although in small stimuli number condition of SOPT. It suggests that in AD, visuospatial working memory is not working well although in low central executive loads.
- Miller GA, Galanter E, Pribram KH. Plans and the structure of behavior. New York: Holt; Adams Bannister Cox Pubs;1960.
- Fossati P, Amar G, Raoux N, Ergis AM, Allilaire JF. Executive functioning and verbal memory in young patients with unipolar depression and schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res 1999;89:171-187.
- Morris RG. Short-term forgetting in senile dementia of the Alzheimer's type. Cogn Neuropsychol 1986;3:77-97.
- Lee DY, Lee KU, Lee JH, Kim KW, Jhoo JH, Kim SY, et al. A normative study of the CERAD neuropsychological assessment battery in the Korean elderly. J Int Neuropsychol Soc 2004;10:72-81.
- Rich JB, Bylsma FW, Brandt J. Self-ordered pointing performance in Huntington's disease patients. Cogn Behav Neurol 1996;9:99-106.
- Daigneault S, Braun CMJ, Whitaker HA. Early effects of normal aging on perseverative and non-perseverative prefrontal measures. Developmental Neuropsychology 1992;8:99-114.
- Seo CW. A study on picture memory: A standardized set of 260 pictures. Korean Journal of Psycholgy 1988;7:158-186.
- Grossi D, Becker JT, Smith C, Trojano L. Memory for the visuospatial patterns in Alzheimer's disease. Psychol Med 1993;23:65-70.
- Alescio-Lautier B, Michel BF, Herrera C, Elahmadi A, Chambon C, Touzet C, et al. Visual and visuospatial short-term memory in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer disease: role of attention. Neuropsychologia 2007;45:1948-1960.
- Petrides M, Milner B. Deficits on subject-ordered tasks after frontal- and temporal-lobe lesions in man. Neuropsychologia 1982;20:249-262.
- Kang YW, Jin JH, Chin JH, Na DL. A Normative study of the digit span test for the elderly. Korean J Clin Psychology 2002;21:911-922.
- Lee DY, Lee KU, Lee JH, Kim KW, Jhoo JH, Youn JC, et al. A normative study of the Korea-Mini Mental State Examination(K-MMSE) in the Korean Elderly. J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc 2002;41:508-525.
- Smith M, Klim P, Mallozzi E, Hanley WB. A test of the dopamine specificity hypothesis in the cognitive performance of adults with phenylketonuria. Develop-mental Neuropsychology 1996;12:327-341.
- Hale JB, Hoeppner JB, Fiorello CA. Analyzing digit span components for assessment of attention processes. J Psychoeduc Assess 2002;20:128-143.
- Baddeley AD, Hitch GJ. Working memory. In: Bower GH. The psychology of learning and motivation. New York: Academic Press;1974. p.47-89.
- Lafleche G, Albert MS. Executive function deficits in mild Alzheimer's disease. Neuropsychology 1995;9:313-320.
- Kim SM. Working memory in Alzheimer's disease. Seoul: Catholic University of Korea;2007.
- Morris RG. Dementia and the functioning of the articulatory loop system. Cognitive Neuropsychology 1984;1:143-157.
- Gabrieli JDE, Singh J, Stebbins GT, Goetz CG. Reduced working memory span in Parkinson's disease: evidence for the role of a frontostriatal system in working and strategic memory. Neuropsychology 1996;10:322-332.
- Vallar G, Papagno C. Neuropsychological impairments of verbal short-term mememory. In: Baddeley A, Wilson B, Kopelman M(eds). Handbook of memory disorders. 2ed. Chichester, England: Wiley;1990. p.249-270.
- McKhann G, Drachman D, Folstein M, Katzman R, Price D, Stadlan EM. Clinical diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease: report of the NINCDS-ADRDA Work Group under the auspices of Department of Health and Human Services Task Force on Alzheimer's Disease. Neurology 1984; 34:939-944.
- Baddeley A. Working memory. Science 1992;255:556-559.
- Choi SH, Na DL, Lee BH, Hahm DS, Jung JH, Jung Y, et al. The validity of the Korean version of Global Deterioration Scale. J Korean Neurol Assoc 2002;20:612-617.
- Baddeley AD, Bressi S, Della Sala S, Logie R, Spinnler H. The decline of working memory in Alzheimer's disease. A longitudinal study. Brain 1991;114:2521-2542.
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 4th ed. Washington, DC: APA Press;1994.
- Shue KL, Douglas VI. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and the frontal lobe syndrome. Brain Cogn 1992;20:104-124.
- Carlesimo GA, Fadda L, Lorusso S, Caltagirone C. Verbal and spatial memory spans in Alzheimer's and multi-infarct dementia. Acta Neurol Scand 1994;89:132-138.
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- 대한생물정신의학회 : 저널
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기