Quetiapine Fumarate의 제형 변경 후 발생한 피부 발진 1예
A Case of Skin Eruption Occurred after Switching Formulation of Quetiapine Fumarate
Adverse drug reactions are very common in clinical practice, and skin is one of the most frequent organs for adverse drug reactions. We report a case of a 71-year-old male patient who developed skin eruptions after switching formulation of quetiapine immediate release(IR) to quetiapine extended release(XR). He had been taking quetiapine IR(400mg/day) for treatment of manic episode which was developed one year ago. The patient showed great improvement of symptoms after taking quetiapine IR for about one year, thus dosage of medication was reduced to 50mg/day on the average. Unfortunately dose reduction has tended to worsen symptoms, so dose of quetiapine was increased again to 200mg/day with formulation changes to XR. Two days after he took new formulation, erythematous papules were occurred over his anterior neck and ventral side of left wrist. As he stopped quetiapine XR, the skin lesions gradually subsided. And he was successfully treated with readministration of quetiapine IR without any skin lesions.
- Bigby M, Stern R. Cutaneous reactions to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. A review. J Am Acad Dermatol 1985;12:866-876.
- van der Linden PD, van der Lei J, Vlug AE, Stricker BH. Skin reactions to antibacterial agents in general practice. J Clin Epidemiol 1998;51:703-708.
- Merk HF, Hertl M. Immunologic mhanisms of cutaneous dug ractions. Semin Cutan Med Surg 1996;15 228-235.
- Fong SY, Au Yeung KL, Tosh JM, Wing YK. Clozapineinduced toxic hepatitis with skin rash. J Psychopharmacol 2005;19:107.
- Thase ME. Efficacy of quetiapine monotherapy in bipolar I and II depression: a double-blind, placebocontrolled study(the BOLDER II study). J Clin Psychopharmacol 2006;26:600-609.
- Nemeroff CB. Quetiapine: preclinical studies, pharmacokinetics, drug interactions, and dosing. J Clin Psychiatry 2002;63:5-11.
- Scott J. Predicting medication adherence in severe mental disorders. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2000;101:119-124.
- Pirmohamed M. Adverse drug reactions. BMJ 1998;316:1295-1298.
- Edwards IR. Adverse drug reactions: definitions, diagnosis, and management. Lancet 2000;356:1255-1259.
- Siepmann F. Polymer blends for controlled release coatings. J Control Release 2008;125:1-15.
- Roychowdhury S. Mechanisms of Drug-induced Delayedtype Hypersensitivity Reactions in the Skin. The AAPS Journal 2005;7:834-846.
- GlaxoSmithKline. Lamictal. PRESCRIBING INFORMATION. http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us-lamictal.pdf
- Cutler AJ. Extended release quetiapine fumarate monotherapy in major depressive disorder: a placebo- and duloxetine-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry 2009;70:526-539.
- Colom F. Clinical factors associated to treatment noncompliance in euthymic bipolar patients. J Clin Psychiatry 2000;61:549-555.
- Hsu ER. The effects of plasticizers and titanium dioxide on the properties of poly(vinyl alcohol) coatings. Pharm Dev Technol 2001;6:277-284.
- Ascher-Svanum H. Medication adherence and longterm functional outcomes in the treatment of schizophrenia in usual care. J Clin Psychiatry 2006;67:453-460.
- Seroquel XR. PRESCRIBING INFORMATION. http://www1.astrazeneca-us.com/pi/seroquelxr.pdf
- Kahn RS. Efficacy and tolerability of once-daily extended release quetiapine fumarate in acute schizophrenia: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry 2007;68:832-842.
- Vieta E. Quetiapine monotherapy for mania associated with bipolar disorder: combined analysis of two international, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled studies. Curr Med Res Opin 2005;21:923-934.
- Aronson JK. Joining the DoTS: new approach to classifying adverse drug reactions. BMJ 2003;327:1222-1225.
- Figueroa C. Pharmacokinetic profiles of extended release quetiapine fumarate compared with quetiapine immediate release. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 2009;33:199-204.
- Svensson CK, Cowen EW, Gaspari AA. Cutaneous drug reactions. Pharmacol Rev 2001;53:357-379.
- Frohoff-Hulsmann MA. Aqueous ethyl cellulose dispersion containing plasticizers of different water solubility and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose as coating material for diffusion pellets I: Drug release rates from coated pellets. Int J Pharm 1999;177:69-82.
- Wolkenstein P. Drug-induced severe skin reactions. Incidence, management and prevention. Drug Saf 1995;13:56-68.
- Ganesan S. Switching from other antipsychotics to oncedaily extended release quetiapine fumarate in patients with schizophrenia. Curr Med Res Opin 2008;24:21-32.
- Calabrese JR. A randomized, doubleblind, placebo-controlled trial of quetiapine in the treatment of bipolar I or II depression. Am J Psychiatry 2005;162:1351-1360.
- Raz A, Bergman R, Eilam O, Yungerman T, Hayek T. A case report of olanzapine-induced hypersensitivity syndrome. Am J Med Sci 2001;321:156-158.
- Stanislav SW, Gonzalez-Blanco M. Papular rash and bilateral pleural effusion associated with clozapine. Ann Pharmacother 1999;33:1008-1009.
- Osterberg L. Adherence to medication. N Engl J Med 2005;353:487-497.
- Romano A. Diagnostic evaluation of delayed hypersensitivity to systematically administered drugs. Allergy 1999;54:23-27.
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- 대한생물정신의학회 : 저널
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기