약인성 간손상의 원인물질에 관한 국내연구의 체계적 고찰
Systematic Review of the Cause of Drug-Induced Liver Injuries in Korean Literature
Background: The safety of herbal products is an important issue in Korea. It is more complicated because of the concomitant use of conventional western drugs and herbal medicine, including prescribed medicine, folk herbs and food supplements. Although both western and traditional Korean medical doctors have studied on the safety of HMP, their results did not show relevant or consistent conclusions because of the poor quality of studies, including bias. Objectives: The aim of this study was to review the studies in Korea related to drug induced liver injury (DILI) systematically. We tried to estimate the proportion of causative materials of DILI and evaluate the clinical difference of DILIs from different materials. Methods: Systematic searches were performed on MedRIC and MEDLIS in Korea. The extraction of data as well as selective screening of the studies was carried out independently by two of the authors. There were no restrictions on the types of publication, including grey literature. Results: Twenty-one articles were included. Of them only 7 adapted prospective design and only 6 were published in peer-reviewed journals. The proportion of conventional drugs associated with hepatotoxic injuries in all DILI ranged from 15.8% to 83.3% and that of herbal medicine was from 28.9% to 44.7%. However, the criteria for herbal medicine were not clearly defined and concomitant medications were not fully investigated in most studies. There were limited objective data in the clinical differences of liver injuries from different materials and their results were conflicting. Conclusions: The causality assessments regarding DILI of herbal medicine were not performed properly and causative materials were misclassified in most of the studies published in Korea. These make the safety issue still ambiguous because of the limitations and lack of objectivity of the studies. More rigorous studies are required for clearly addressing these conflicting issues with cooperative investigation between traditional Korean and western medicine.
- Paeck EK, Park JH, Park JH, Yoon YJ, Jeong SK, Lee HJ, Lim JS, Bahn GH, Moon JS. Influence of taking medicine for a period of time on the liver function and improvement of the developmental disordered children. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2006; 20(2):494-7.
- Lee SH, Chung HJ, Kim IH, Kim SW, Lee SO, Lee ST, Kim DG. Clinical experience of druginduced liver injury in a single center. Korean J Hepatol. 2005;1(3s):s68.
- Kim DJ. A multicenter study for the detection and the development of nationwide reporting system of toxic liver injury. The Annual Report of KNTP. 2006;5:402-5.
- Shin SJ, Ahn SH, Kim HM, Kim JK, Kim BC, Lee JH, Paik YH, Lee KS, Han KH, Chon CY, Moon YM. Clinical features and prognostic factors of fulminant hepatic failure in Koreans. Korean J Hepatol. 2004;10(4):298-307.
- Lee SJ, Lee SH, Park CH, Lee WS, Joo YE, Choi SG, Ryu JS, Kim SJ. Application of two clinical scales for causality assessment in acute liver injury caused by herbal medicines and health tonics. Korean J Hepatol. 2003;9(2s):s71.
- Kim DJ. A multicenter study for the detection and the development of nationwide reporting system of toxic liver injury. The Annual Report of KNTP. 2005;4:477-80.
- Suh JI, Kim SW. Clinical characteristics of druginduced liver injury. Dongguk J Med. 2006;13 (1):37-44.
- Danan G, Benichou C. Causality assessment of adverse reactions to drugs - . A novel method based on the conclusions of international consensus meetings; applications to drug induced liver injuries. J Clin Epidemiol. 1993;46:1323-30.
- Huang H. Etiology and clinical manifestation of drug-induced hepatitis in 36 cases. Adverse Drug Reaction J. 1999;1(2):97-9.
- Ho S. Analysis of 105 cases of drug-induced liver injury. Chin Hosp Pharm J. 2002;22(10):641-2.
- Wai CT. Presentation of drug-induced liver injury in Singapore. Singapore Med J. 2006;47(2):116 -20.
- Ahn BM, Lee DS, Baek JT, Jang SH, Jang YS. Prevalence of phyto-hepatotoxicity in Korea. The Annual Report of KNTP. 2002;1:569-78.
- Ahn BM. Herbal preparation-induced liver injury. Korean J Gastrenterol. 2004;44:113-25.
- Zhung B, Choi J, Zhung Q, Dang S, Lee J. Clinical analysis of 51 cases of drug-induced liver disease. Clinical Focus. 2004;19(8):451-2.
- Kim DJ. A preliminary multicenter study for the detection of toxic hepatitis induced by various plant preparations and healthy foods and the development of nationwide reporting system of toxic hepatitis. KFDA Report. 2003:1-26.
- Park SJ, Lim YS, Lee WJ, Kim KM, Lee HC, Chung YH, Lee YS, Suh DJ, Lee SG. Prospective analysis of etiologies and outcomes of fulminant hepatic failure in Korea-Single institution analysis. Korean J Hepatol. 2007;13(3s):s28.
- Baek JT, Kim MS, Kang SB, Lee SG, Chang YE, Lee KM, Lee DS, Ahn BM, Park TW, Bae SH, Yang JM, Han NI, Park YM, Lee YS, Lee CD, Cha SB, Chung GW, Sun HS, Kim BS. Etiologies of adult acute hepatitis in Daejeon area for last five years. Korean J Med.1999;54:s352.
- Pittler MH, Ernst E. Systematic Review : hrpatotoxic events associated with herbal medicinal products. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2003;18:451-71.
- Cho MS, Park YN, Kim MJ, Chae KJ, Park CI. Pathological analysis of 62 liver biopsy cases with hepatocellular cholestasis: Drug and toxin induced liver injury. Korean J Pathol. 2001;5(2): 123-8.
- Lee SH, Kim DH, Seo TJ, Cho S. Jung PJ, Park CH, Lee WS, Joo YE, Kim HS, Choi SK, Ryu JS, Kim SJ. Applicability of two clinical scales for causality assessment in acute liver injury caused by herbal medicines or health tonics. Chonnam Med J. 2005;41(2):140-8.
- Kim JD, Yang JM, Baek CR, Chang WI, Chung WC, Lee KM, Choi JY, Youn SK, Cho SH, Lee YS. Etiology of acute hepatic injury: an analysis of a single center experience. Korean J Hepatol. 2007; 13(3s):s235.
- Evidence Report No. 47. Systems to rate the strength of scientific evidence. Available from: URL:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi ?rid=hstat1)
- Seo YH, Cho SB, Joo YE, Kim HS, Choi SG, Ryu JS, Kim SJ. Clinical analysis of 111 patients with hepatic injury caused by herbal medicines and health food. Korean J Hepatol. 2001;7(2s):s95.
- Andrade RJ, Lucena MI, Fernandez MC, Pelaez G, Pachkoria K, Garcia-Ruiz E, Garcia-Munoz B, Gonzaez-Grande R, Pizarro A, Duran JA, Jimenez M, Rodrigo L, Romero-Gomez M, Navarro JM, Planas R, Costa J, Borras A, Soler A, Salmeron J, Martin-Vivaldi R; Spanish Group for the Study of Drug-Induced Liver Disease. Drug-induced liver injury: an analysis of 461 incidences submitted to the Spanish registry over a 10-year period. Gastroenterology. 2005;129(2): 512-21.
- Lee SH, Lee S. Hwang HI, Yeum SM, Yoon KW, Cho S. Park SY, Park HC, Cho SB, Lee WS, Park CH, Kim HS, Choi SG, Rhyu JS. A clinical study on drug-induced liver injury for recent 10 years in Gwangju-Chonnam province. Korean J Hepatol. 2007;13(3s):s109.
- Jang IS. A review on the report about druginduced hepatitis published by the national institute of toxicological research. J Korean Oriental Med.2004;25(3):78-89.
- Wang K, Suh S. A study of liver injury induced by Chinese herbal medicine. Adverse Drug Reaction J. 2000;2(1):37-8.
- Li B, Wang Z, Fang JJ, Xu CY, Chen WX. Evaluation of prognostic markers in severe druginduced liver disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13(4):628-32.
- Maria VA, Victorino RM. Development and validation of a clinical scale for the diagnosis of drug-induced hepatitis. Hepatology. 1997;26:664-9.
- Ahn AM. Acute toxic hepatitis: RUCAM application to drug-induced liver injury and its limitations. Korean J Hepatol. 2006; 12(1):1-4.
- Zhou H, Li S. Clinical analysis about 103 cases of drug induced liver disease. Chin J Clinic Pharm. 2001;10(5):291-3.
- Joo MS, Kwon KS, Lee DH, Choi W. Cho HG, Kim PS, Shin YW, Kim YS. A review of clinical characteristics and etiologic factors in patients with drug-induced hepatitis. Inha Med J. 1999;6(1):1-6.
- Shin JW, Lee HJ, Rhyu SH, Chung YH, Lee YS, Suh DJ. A prospective analysis of etiology and clinical characteristics of cholestatic liver injury in Korea. Korean J Hepatol. 2002;8(3s):s70.
- Lucena MI, Garcia-Cortes M, Cueto R, Lopez- Duran J, Andrade RJ. Assessment of druginduced liver injury in clinical practice. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2008 Apr;22(2):141-58.
- Wai CT, Tan BH, Chan CL, Sutedja DS, Lee YM, Khor C, Lim SG. Drug-induced liver injury at an Asian center: a prospective study. Liver Int. 2007;27(4):465-74.
- Ostapowicz G, Fontana RJ, Schiødt FV, Larson A, Davern TJ, Han SH, McCashland TM, Shakil AO, Hay JE, Hynan L, Crippin JS, Blei AT, Samuel G, Reisch J, Lee WM; U.S. Acute Liver Failure Study Group. Results of a prospective study of acute liver failure at 17 tertiary care centers in the United States. Ann Intern Med 2002;137(12):947-54.
- Shin JA. A clinical study on the drug-induced hepatic injury. Master's Thesis of Kyung-sang Univ. 2007:1-33.
- Zhou GD, Zhao JM, Zhang LX, Sun YL, Pan D, Yang JF, Zhao YL. Clinical and pathological analysis of 100 cases of drug-induced liver injury. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2007;15(3): 212-5.
- Rhee SH, Park JS, Yeo HS, Choi YK, Jun CY, Park CH, Kim DW. Relationship between herb-medicine and liver damage. Korean J Orient Int Med. 2006;27(3):572-8.
- Chun WJ, Yoon BG, Kim NI, Lee G, Yang CH, Lee CW, Suh JI. A clinical study of patients with acute liver injury caused by herbal medication in Gyeongju area. Korean J Med. 2002;63(2):141-150.
- Benichou C. Criteria of drug-induced liver disorders -Report of an International Consensus Meeting. J Hepatol. 1990;11:272-6.
- Kim JB, Sohn JH, Lee HL, Kim JP, Han DS, Hahm JS, Lee DH, Kee CS. clinical characteristics of acute toxic liver injury. Korean J Hepatol. 2004;10(2):125-34.
- Meier Y, Cavallaro M, Roos M, Pauli-Magnus C, Folkers G, Meier PJ, Fattinger K. Incidence of drug-induced liver injury in medical inpatients. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2005 Apr;61(2):135-43.
- Ahn BM, Lee YJ, Lee KM, Lee DS, Yang JM, Park YM, Lee YS, Chung GW, Sun HS, Park DH. The prevalence of herb hepatitis in Daejeon area. Korean J Hepatol. 2001;7(2s):s67.
- Wang Y, Yan M, Liu Q, Li H. Etiology and clinical features of drug-induced acute hepatitis of 138 cases. J Med Theor & Prac. 2001;14(9): 832-3.
- Heo NY, Lim YS, Kang JM, Oh SI, Park CS, Jung SW, Lee YS, Kim KM, Lee HC, Chung YH, Lee ys, Suh DJ. Clinical features of fulminant hepatic failure in a tertiary hospital with a liver transplant center in Korea. Korean J Hepatol. 2006;12(1):82-92.
- Park HM, Jang IS, Lee SD. Hepatotoxic events associated with herbal medicinal products, fork remedies and food supplements in Korea. J Korean Oriental Med. 2005;26(2):152-65.
- Seo JC, Jeon WJ, Park SS, Kim SH, Lee KM, Chae HB, Park SM, Youn SJ. Clinical experience of 48 acute toxic hepatitis patients. Korean J Hepatol. 2006; 12(1):74-81.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- Han, Chang-Woo ; Kim, Su-Young ; Min, Kwan-Sik ; Lee, Jin-Hyuk ; Lee, Sang-Ho ; Youn, You-Suk 2010. "Incidence of Liver Function Test Abnormality among Patients Hospitalized in an Oriental Hospital" 大韓韓醫學會誌 = Journal of Korean Oriental Medicine, 31(2): 109~113
- Han, Chang-Woo 2010. "Comparison of Incidence of Abnormal Liver Function Test between Inpatients Who Take Traditional Korean versus Conventional Medicine" 대한한방내과학회지 = The journal of internal Korean medicine, 31(1): 79~83
- 2011. "" 大韓韓醫學會誌 = Journal of Korean Oriental Medicine, 32(6): 112~116
- 2012. "" Journal of pharmacopuncture, 15(1): 34~39
- Lee, Ji Hong ; Yu, Sun Ae ; Lee, Seung Yeon 2014. "A Study of Adverse Events that Occurred after Taking Herbal Medicine - Focused on Children and Adolescents" 大韓韓方小兒科學會誌 = The journal of pediatrics of Korean medicine, 28(3): 1~16
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기