Characterization of Castor Oil/Polycaprolactone Polyurethane Biocomposites Reinforced with Hemp Fibers
The thermal and mechanical properties of castor oil/polycaprolactone-based polyurethane (CPU) films and polyurethane biocomposites reinforced with hemp fibers (HCPU) were investigated. Although similar films can be synthesized from petroleum, the main interest in studying these biomass-based composites is based on the fact that both fiber and matrix are derived from renewable resources. In this study, castor oil was used as a polyol for polyurethane films and hemp fiber was used to reinforce the biocomposites. To control the mechanical properties of CPU and HCPU, polycaprolactone diol (PCL) was added to the polyol mixture. Varying the mixing ratio of castor oil and PCL, the thermal and mechanical properties of the CPU and HCPU samples were investigated by using FT-IR, DSC, DMTA, Minimat, and SEM. In an attempt to improve interfacial adhesion between the fiber and matrix biocomposites, hemp fiber was reacted with MDI. FE-SEM micrographs showed that the surface of the hemp fiber became smoother after reaction with MDI. Urethane bonding formation was confirmed by FT-IR.
- R. V. Silva, D. Spinelli, W. W. Bose Filho, S. Claro Neto, G. O. Chierice, and J. R. Tarpani, Compos. Sci. Technol., 66, 1328 (2006)
- P. Mutje, A. Lopez, M. E. Vallejos, J. P. Lopez, and F. Vilaseca, Compos. Pt. A-Appl. Sci. Manuf., 38, 369 (2007)
- A. B. Thomsen, A. Thygesen, V. Bohn, K. V. Nielsen, B. Pallesen, and M. S. Jørgensen, Ind. Crop. Prod., 24, 113 (2006)
- A. K. Bledzki, W. Zhang, and A. Chate, Compos. Sci. Technol., 61, 2405 (2001)
- J.-Antonio, T.-O’reilly, and J.-Y. Cavaille, Cellulose, 4, 305 (1997)
- R. Chandra and R. Rustgi, Prog. Polym. Sci., 23, 1273 (1998)
- O. J. Kwon, S. T. Oh, S. D. Lee, N. R. Lee, C. H. Shin, and J. S. Park, Fiber. Polym., 8, 347 (2007)
- A. K. Bledzki and J. Gassan, Prog. Polym. Sci., 24, 221 (1999)
- S. R. Yang, O. J. Kwon, D. H. Kim, and J. S. Park, Fiber. Polym., 8, 257 (2007)
- J.-P. L. Dwan'isa, A. K. Mohanty, M. Misra, L. T. Drzal, and M. Kazemizadeh, J. Mater. Sci., 39, 1887 (2004)
- M. N. S. Kumar, K. S. Manjula, and Siddaramaiah, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 105, 3153 (2007)
- S.-H. Lee and S. Wang, Compos. Pt. A-Appl. Sci. Manuf., 37, 80 (2006)
- J.-P. L. Dwan'isa, A. K. Mohanty, M. Misra, and L. T. Drzal, and M. Kazemizadeh, J. Mater. Sci., 39, 2081 (2004)
- H. Yeganeh and P. Hojati-Talemi, Polym. Degrad. Stabil., 92, 480 (2007)
- J. Gassan, T. Dietz, and A. K. Bledzki, Compos. Interfaces, 7, 103 (2000)
- B. Singh, M. Gupta, and A. Verma, Polym. Compos., 17, 910 (1996)
- N. B. Tran, J. Vialle, and Q. T. Pham, Polymer, 38, 2467 (1997)
- P. Wambua, J. Ivens, and I. Verpoest, Compos. Sci. Technol., 63, 1259 (2003)
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기