Comparison of the Efficiencies of Different Affinity Tags in the Purification of a Recombinant Secretory Protein Expressed in Silkworm Larval Hemolymph
Silkworms are useful bioreactors for heterologous protein expression when used in conjunction with the Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus(BmNPV) bacmid system. However, purification from silkworm hemolymph is difficult since it contains various kinds of proteins. In this study, we investigated an effective single-step method for the purification of affinity-tagged single-chain antibody variable region fragment (scFv) from silkworm larval hemolymph. A 5-fold higher expression level was obtained when scFv was fused with the His tag than when it was fused with the Strep II or GST tags. However, the His tag was inadequate for single-step purification since it led to the nonspecific binding of contaminants. The purification recoveries of GST-, Strep II-, and His-tagged scFvs were 91.8%, 43.7%, and 27.2%, respectively. The specific amount of single-step purified GST-tagged scFv was 2.2~2.7 fold higher than the amounts of the His- and Strep II-tagged constructs. The purities of Strep II- and GST-tagged scFvs in the eluent were 98.4% and 83.0%, respectively. Thus, both the short peptide Strep II and GST protein are suitable fusion tags for the affinity purification of proteins from silkworm larvae.
- Madden, D. R. and M. Safferling (2007) Baculoviral expression of an integral membrane protein for structural studies. Methods Mol. Biol. 363: 39-57
- Kobe, B., R. J. Center, B. E. Kemp, and P. Poumbourios (1999) Crystal structure of human T cell leukemia virus type 1 gp21 ectodomain crystallized as a maltosebinding protein chimera reveals structural evolution of retroviral transmembrane proteins. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 96: 4319-4324
- Liu, Y., A. Manna, R. Li, W. E. Martin, R. C. Murphy, A. L. Cheung, and G. Zhang (2001) Crystal structure of the SarR protein from Staphylococcus aureus. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 98: 6877-6882
- Motohashi, T., T. Shimojima, T. Fukagawa, K. Maenaka, and E. Y. Park (2005) Efficient large-scale protein production of larvae and pupae of silkworm by Bombyx mori nuclear polyhedrosis virus bacmid system. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 326: 564-569
- Adachi, T., S. Takiya, Y. Suzuki, M. Iwami, A. Kawakami, S. Y. Takahashi, H. Ishizaki, H. Nagasawa, and A. Suzuki (1989) cDNA structure and expression of bombyxin, an insulin-like brain secretory peptide of the silkmoth Bombyx mori. J. Biol. Chem. 264: 7681-7685
- Aburatani, T., H. Ueda, and T. Nagamune (2002) Importance of a CDR H3 basal residue in V(H)/V(L) interaction of human antibodies. J. Biochem. 132: 775-782
- Massotte, D. (2003) G protein-coupled receptor overexpression with the baculovirus-insect cell system: a tool for structural and functional studies. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1610: 77-89
- Ke, A. and C. Wolberger (2003) Insights into binding cooperativity of MATa1/MATalpha2 from the crystal structure of a MATa1 homeodomain-maltose binding protein chimera. Protein Sci. 12: 306-3012
- Derewenda, Z. S. (2004) The use of recombinant methods and molecular engineering in protein crystallization. Methods 34: 354-363
- Lichty, J. J., J. L. Malecki, H. D. Agnew, D. J. Michelson-Horowitz, and S. Tan (2005) Comparison of affinity tags for protein purification. Protein Expr. Purif. 41: 98-105
- Zhan, Y., X. Song, and G. W. Zhou (2001) Structural analysis of regulatory protein domains using GSTfusion proteins. Gene 281: 1-9
- Ishikiriyama, M., T. Nishina, T. Kato, H. Ueda, and E. Y. Park (2008) Human single-chain antibody expression in the hemolymph and fat body of silkworm larvae and pupae using BmNPV bacmids. J. Biosci. Bioeng. in press
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기