Library-based Mapping of Application to Reconfigurable Array Architecture
Reconfigurable array architecture is recently attracting much attention. It is a flexible hardware architecture, which can dynamically change its configuration to execute various functions while maintainning high performance. However, pursuing flexibility and performance at the same time leads to complexity, thereby makes the mapping of applications a difficult process. There have been attempts to use compiler or high level synthesis techniques to solve the problem. In this paper, we propose yet another method, which uses libraries for the mapping to provide an abstracttion of the internal structure and at the same time to reduce the development time and efforts through the automated process. We have selected a JPEG decoder as an example to apply the proposed method. As a result, we obtained about 20% less performance compared to manual mapping but development time is dramatically reduced to less than 1%.
- J. Lee, K. Choi, and N.D. Dutt, "An algorithm for mapping loops onto coarse-grained reconfigurable architectures," in Proc. ACM Workshop on Languages, Compilers, Tools for Embedded Systems, pp.183-188, Jun. 2003
- M. Ahn, J. W. Yoon, Y. Paek, Y. Kim, M. Kiemb, and K. Choi, "A spatial mapping algorithm for heterogeneous coarse-grained reconfigurable architectures," in Proc. Design, Automation and Test in Europe, pp. 363-368, Mar. 2006
- T. Toi, N. Nakamura, Y. Kato, T. Awashima, K. Wakabayashi, and L. Jing, "High-level synthesis challenges and solutions for a dynamically reconfigurable processor," in Proc. ICCAD, Nov. 2006
- J. Lee, K. Choi, and N.D. Dutt, "Compilation approach for coarse-grained reconfigurable architectures," IEEE Design & Test of Computers, vol. 20, pp. 26-33, Jan./Feb. 2003
- B. Mei, S. Vernalde, D. Verkest, H. De Man, and R. Lauwereins, "DRESC: a retargetable compiler for coarse-grained reconfigurable architectures," in Proc. ICFPT, 2002
- G. Lee, S. Lee, and K. Choi, "Automatic mapping of application to coarse-grained reconfigurable architecture based on high-level synthesis techniques," in Proc. ISOCC, 2008
- W.-H. Chen, C.H. Smith, and S.C. Fralick, "A fast computational algorithm for the discrete cosine transform," IEEE Trans. on Communications, vol. COM-25, pp. 1004？1009, Sep. 1977
- M. Jo, V.K.P. Arava, H. Yang, and K. Choi, "Implementation of floating-point operations for 3D graphics on a coarse-grained reconfigurable architecture," in Proc. IEEE International SOC Conference, pp.127-130, Sep. 2007
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기