Comparison of Circuit Reduction Techniques for Power Network Noise Analysis
The endless scaling down of the semiconductor process made the impact of the power network noise on the performance of the state-of-the-art chip a serious design problem. This paper compares the performances of two popular circuit reduction approaches used to improve the efficiency of power network noise analysis: moment matching-based model order reduction (MOR) and node elimination-based MOR. As the benchmarks, we chose PRIMA and R2Power as the matching-based MOR and the node elimination-based MOR. Experimental results indicate that the accuracy, efficiency, and memory requirement of both methods very strongly depend on the structure of the given circuit, i.e., numbers of the nodes and sources, and the number of moments to preserve for PRIMA. PRIMA has higher accuracy in general, while the error of R2Power is also in the acceptable range. On the other hand, PRIMA has the higher efficiency than R2Power, only when the numbers of nodes and sources are small enough. Otherwise, R2Power clearly outperforms PRIMA in efficiency. In the memory requirement, the memory size of PRIMA increases very quickly as the numbers of nodes, sources, and preserved moments increase.
- H. CHE, H. PARK, J. KIM et al., "Realizable Reduction of RC Networks with Current Sources for Dynamic IR-Drop Analysis of Power Networks of SoCs," IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, Vol.92, No.2, pp. 475-480, 2009
- W. Arnoldi, "The principle of minimized iterations in the solution of the matrix eigenvalue problem," Q. Appl. Math, Vol.9, No.17, pp.17-29, 1951
- M. Celik, L. Pileggi, and A. Odabasioglu, IC interconnect analysis: Kluwer Academic Pub, 2002
- B. N. Sheehan, "TICER: Realizable reduction of extracted RC circuits." pp.200-203
- Intel. "Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL) 10.2," [Online]. Available: http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-mkl/
- C. Tirumurti, S. Kundu, S. Sur-Kolay et al., "A modeling approach for addressing power supply switching noise related failures of integrated circuits." pp.1078-1083 Vol.2
- T. Palenius, and J. Roos, "Comparison of reducedorder interconnect macromodels for time-domain simulation," IEEE transactions on microwave theory and techniques, Vol.52, No.9, pp.2240-2250, 2004
- P. Feldmann, and R. Freund, "Efficient Linear Circuit Analysis by Pade Approximation via the Lanczos Process," IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Vol.14, No.5, 1995
- Y. Matsumoto, Y. Tanji, and M. Tanaka, "Efficient SPICE-netlist representation of reduced-order interconnect model," pp.145-148
- T. Palenius, J. Roos, and S. Aaltonen, "Development and comparison of reduced-order interconnect macromodels for time-domain simulation," pp.757-760, Vol.2
- A. Odabasioglu, M. Celik, and L. Pileggi, "PRIMA: Passive Reduced-Order Interconnect Macromodeling Algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Vol.17, No.8, pp. 645, 1998
- Synopsys. "HSPICE," [Online]. Available:http://www.synopsys.com/Tools/Verification/AMSVerific ation/CircuitSimulation/HSPICE/Pages/default.aspx
- L. Pillage, and R. Rohrer, "Asymptotic waveform evaluation for timing analysis," IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Vol.9, No.4, pp.352-366, 1990
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기