Assessment of Student Perceptions of a Lecture Club on a Social Networking Website
Efforts were made to improve the efficiency of college education through the use of information technology. This paper investigates student perceptions of a lecture club provided on a social networking website. For the empirical study, the instructor ran a lecture club for two consecutive semesters on Cyworld (www.cyworld.co.kr), a popular website among Korean youth. The research subjects were students enrolled in a Popular Culture & Fashion class. A questionnaire was distributed on the last day of the lectures. After excluding students with perfunctory responses and those who did not sign up for the community website, a total number of 297 questionnaires were used for analysis. Descriptive statistics, Pearson correlation analysis, one-way ANOVA analysis, Duncan test, and t-test were carried out, with the SPSS for Windows 12.0 being used for statistical analysis. The findings show that most students subscribed to the website and responded with a favorable attitude that the lecture club was helpful.
- Baek, S. Y. (2003). On the web use as a complementary lecturing tool for management education. Business Education, 33, 185-196
- Choi, W. (1999). Practical instructionally-driven design strategies for web-based instruction. Journal of Educational Technology, 15(3), 261-282
- Hayes, R. (2000). Exploring discount usability methods to assess the suitability of online course delivery products. The Internet and Higher Education, 2(2/3), 119-134
- Kim, M. L. (2005). A case study on developing the e-Learning contents authoring tool 'e-Professor' for improving the ease of use. The Journal of Educational Information and Media, 11(2), 49-72
- Lee K. H., & Stoel, L. (2006). A study of student perspectives on web-based learning technology in merchandising course. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(12), 1788-1799
- Lee, S. R., Yoon, H. G., & Jeong, H. Y. (2003). A study of efficiency and application to Web based on education. The Korea Contents Association 2003 Spring Conference Proceeding, 1(1), 88-91
- Moore, M. G., & Kearsley, G. (1996). Distance education. Wadsworth Publishing Company
- Park, H. & Cho, J. (2008). Development and analyses of effects of ICT teaching: learning process plan for 'Designing My Home' unit of Technology Home Economic in high school. Journal of Korean Home Economics Education, 18(2), 5-27
- Papo, W. (2001). Integrating of educational media in higher educational large classes. Educational Media International, 38(2/3), 95-99
- Alexander, S. (1995). Teaching and learning on the World Wide Web. In R. Debreceny & A. Ellis (Eds.), Innovation and Diversity: Proceedings of the 1st Australian World Wide Web Conference, AusWeb95, Norsearch Ltd: Lismore. Retrieved November 10, 2008, from http://ausweb.scu.edu.au/aw95/education2/alexander/index.html
- Clark, J. (2002). A product review of Web CT. The Internet and Higher Education, 5, 79-82
- Eom, W. Y. (2008). Case analysis on using course management system by faculty in a traditional university. The Journal of Educational Information and Media, 14(2), 109-128
- Kahn, B. H. (1997). Web-based Instruction: What Is It and Why Is It?. In B. H. Kahn (Ed.), Web-based Instruction (pp. 5-18). Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Educational Technology Publications
- Morgan, G. (2003). Faculty use of course management systems. Builder, CO:EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research
- Lee, K. (2009, April 1). The tenth anniversary of Cyworld’s establishment. Yonhap news. Retrieved April 3, 2009, from www.yonhapnews.ac.kr
- Rhee, D. G., & Kim, J. Y. (2009). SK Communications Cyworld and the globalizaiton of online social network service. Management Education Review, 12(3), 135-165
- Kim, M. L., Jang, J. M., & Han, G. H. (2004). Education using computer: A study on quantitative models for evaluating interactivity in cyber learning. The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, 7(1), 79-88
- An, J. H., & Oh, C. W. (2008). Study for the ways to promote debate education through online media. Speech and Communication, 9, 7-30
- Malikowski, S. R., Thompson, M. E., & Thesis, J. G. (2007). A model for research into course management systems: Bridging technology and learning theory. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 36(2), 149-173
- Wang, Y. S. (2003). Assessment of learner satisfaction with asynchronous electronic learning systems. Information and Management, 41(1), 75-86
- Relan, A., & Gillani, B. B. (1997). Web-based instruction and the traditional classroom: Similarities and differences. In B. H. Khan (Ed.), Web-based instruction (pp. 41-46). Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Educational Technology Publications
- Henly, D. C., & Reid, A. E. (2001). Use of the web to provide learning support for a large metabolism and nutrition class. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education, 29, 229-233
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기