매복된 하악 제 3대구치 발거시 항생제 및 진통제 투여의 효용성
THE PROPERTIES OF ANTIBIOTIC AND NSAIDS ADMINISTRATION BEFORE EXTRACT OF THE IMPACTED MANDIBULAR THIRD MOLAR.
Purpose: To evaluate the properties of antibiotic and NSAIDs administration before extract of the impacted mandibular third molar. Materials & Methods: No patient showed any sign of pain, inflammation, or swelling at the time of removal. A group of 50 patients was classified in Group 1(preemptive and oral medication was carried out for 3 days postoperatively, N=23) and Group 2(oral medication was carried out for 3 days postoperatively, N=27) subgroups. Clinical and radiologic factors were recorded for each case, and the rationale for assigning the patients to the groups was strictly random. The surgical technique was the same in all cases, and the follow-up period was 1 week. Parameters that were evaluated were infection, swelling, pain and differences in mouth opening. Results: We could not find any significant difference between the 2 groups regarding the evaluated parameters. Conclusion: The results of our study show that antibiotic and NSAIDs administration before the removal of lower third molars does not contribute to a decrease infection, swelling, pain or increase mouth opening. Therefore antibiotic and NSAIDs administration before the removal of lower third molars is not recommended for routine use.
- Kullman L, Johanson G, Akesson L. : Root development of the lower third molar and its relation to chronological age. Swed Dent J. vol. 16 : 161, 1992
- De Brabander EC, Cattaneo G. : The effect of surgical drain together with a secondary closure technique on postoperative trismus, swelling and pain after mandibular third molar surgery. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 17 : 119, 1988
- Macgregor AJ, Addy A. : Value of penicillin in the prevention of pain, swelling and trismus following the removal of ectopic mandibular third molars. Int J Oral Surg. 9 : 166, 1980
- Schultze-Mosgau S, Schmelzeisen R, Frolich JC et al : Use of ibuprofen and methylprednisolone for the prevention of pain and swelling after removal of impacted third molars. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 53 : 2, 1995
- Curran JB, Kennett S, Young AR. : An assessment of the use of prophylactic antibiotics in third molar surgery. Int J Oral Surg. 3 : 1, 1974
- Cooper SA, Gelb S, Goldman E et al : Comparative efficacy of fenoprofen calcium and zomepirac sodium in postsurgical dental pain. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 57 : 485, 1984
- Rood JP, Murgatroyd J. : Metronidazole in the prevention of dry socket. Br J Oral Surg. 17 : 62, 1979
- Winter L Jr, Bass E, Recant B et al : Analgesic activity of ibuprofen (Motrin) in postoperative oral surgical pain. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 45 : 159, 1978
- Peterson LJ, Booth DF. : Efficacy of antibiotic prophylaxis in intraoral orthognathic surgery. J Oral Surg. 34 : 1088, 1976
- Hall HD, Bildman BS, Hand CD. : Prevention of dry socket with local application of tetracycline. J Oral Surg. 29 : 35, 1971
- Bui CH, Seldin EB, Dodson TB. : Types, frequencies, and risk factors for complications after third molar extraction. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 61 : 1379, 2003
- Mitchell DA. : A controlled clinical trial of prophylactic tinidazole for chemoprophylaxis in third molar surgery. Br Dent J. 160 : 284, 1986
- Yuasa H, Sugiura M. : Clinical postoperative findings after removal of impacted mandibular third molars: prediction of postoperative facial swelling and pain based on preoperative variables. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 42 : 209, 2004
- Laskin DM. : Evaluation of the third molar problem. : J Am Dent Assoc. 82 : 824, 1971
- Daley TD. : Third molar prophylactic extraction: a review and analysis of the literature. Gen Dent. 44 : 310, 1996
- Morse Z, Tump A, Kevelham E. : Ibuprofen as a pre-emptive analgesic is as effective as rofecoxib for mandibular third molar surgery. Odontology. 94 : 59, 2006
- Curran JB, Kennett S, Young AR .: An assessment of the use of prophylactic antibiotics in third molar surgery. Int J Oral Surg. 3 : 1, 1974
- Waldman BJ, Mont MA, Hungerford DS. : Total knee arthroplasty infections associated with dental procedures. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 34 : 164, 1997
- Cooper SA, Needle SE, Kruger GO. : Comparative analgesic petency of aspirin and ibuprofen. J Oral Surg. 35 : 898, 1977
- Rondeau PL, Yeung E, Nelson P. : Dental surgery pain analgesic. J Can Dent Assoc. 46 : 433, 1980
- Goldberg MH, Nemarich AN, Marco WP 2nd. : Complications after mandibular third molar surgery: a statistical analysis of 500 consecutive procedures in private practice. J Am Dent Assoc. 111 : 277, 1985
- Cannell H, Kerawala C, Sefton AM et al : Failure of two macrolide antibiotics to prevent post-extraction bacteraemia. Br Dent J. 171 : 17, 1991
- Uzamis M, Kansu O, Taner TU et al : Radiographic evaluation of third-molar development in a group of Turkish children. ASDC J Dent Child. 67 : 136, 2000
- Amin MM, Laskin DM : Prophylactic use of indomethacin for prevention of postsurgical complications after removal of impacted third molars. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 5 : 448, 1983
저자의 다른 논문
- 2005 "안면부에 발생한 각화극세포종의 치험례" 대한악안면성형재건외과학회지 = The journal of Korean association of maxillogacial plastic and reconstructive surgeons 27 (6): 570~574
- 2009 "춘천지역의 하악골 골절 양상" 대한악안면성형재건외과학회지 = The journal of Korean association of maxillogacial plastic and reconstructive surgeons 31 (6): 519~525
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기