Task-Based Analysis on Number of Robotic Fingers for Compliant Manipulations
This paper presents a task-based analysis on the number of independent robotic fingers required for compliant manipulations. Based on the stiffness relation between operational space and fingertip space of a multi-fingered object manipulating system, we describe a technique for modulation of the fingertip stiffness without inter-finger coupling so as to achieve the desired stiffness specified in the operational space. Thus, we provides a guide line how many fingers are basically required for successful multi-fingered compliant tasks. Consequently, this paper enables us to assign effectively the number of fingers for various compliant manipulations by robot hands.
- J. S. Mehling, P. Strawser, L. Bridgwater, W. K. Verdeyen, and R. Roverkamp, 'Centaur: NASA's mobile humanoid designed for filed work,' Proc.of IEEE Int. Conf.on Robotics and Automation, pp.2928- 2933, 2007
- C. S. Lovchik and M. A. Diftler, 'The Robonaut Hand: A dexterous roboth and for space,' Proc.of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp.907-912, 1999
- J. Butterfass, M. Grebenstein, H. Liu, and G. Hirzinger, 'DLR- Hand II: Next generation of destrous robot hand,' Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp.109-114, 2001
- H. Kawasaki, T Komatsu, and K. Uchiyama, 'Dexterous anthropomorphic robot hand with distributed tactile sensor: Gifu Hand II,' IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, vol.7, no.3, pp.296-303, 2002
- I.Yamano and T. Maeno, 'Five-fingered robot hand using ultrasonic motors and elastic elements,' Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2684-2689, 2005
- I. Kao, M. R. Cutkosky, and R. S. Johansson, 'Robotic stiffness control and calibration as applied to humnangra spingtasks,' IEEE Trans.on Robotics and Automation, vol.13, no.4, pp.557-566, 1997
- M. T. Mason and J. K. Salisbury, Robot hands and the mechanics of manipulation, Cambridge, MA: MIT press, 1985
- M. R. Cutkosky,and I. Kao,'Computing and controlling the compliance of arobotic hand,' IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, vol.5, no.2, pp.151- 165, 1989
- B.-H. Kim and S. Hosoe, "Number of independent fingers for object manipulations based on compliance control," Proc .of the 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp.5380-5385, 2004
- K. B. Shimoga, 'Robot grasp synthesis algorithms: a survey,' Int. Jour.of Robotics Research, vol.15, no.3, pp.230-266,1996
- B.-H. Kim, B.-J. Yi, S.-R. Oh, and I. H. Suh,"Taskbased compliance planning for multi-fingered robotic manipulations," Advanced Robotics, vol.18, no.1, pp. 23-44, 2004
- K. Yokoi, H. Maekawa, and K, Tanie, 'A method of compliance control for a redundant manipulator,' Proc.of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp.1927-1934,1992
- B. -R. So, B.-J. Yi, S. -R. Oh, and I. H. Suh, "An independent jointbased compliance control method for a five-bar finger mechanism via redundant actuators," Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2140-2146, 1999
- S. Jacobsen, E . Iversen, D. Knutti, R. Jhonson, and K. Biggers, 'Design of the Utah/MIT dextrous hand,' Proc.of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1520-1532,1986
- R. A. Freeman and D. Tesar, "Dynamic modeling of serial and parallel mechanisms/robotics systems, PartI-methodology,PartII-applications," Proc.of the 20th ASME Biennial Mechanisms Conf. Orlando, FL, Trends and Development in Mechanisms, Machines, and Robotics, DE-vol.15-3, pp.7-27, 1988
- B.-H. Kim, B.-J. Yi, S. -R. Oh, and I. H. Suh, "Independent finger and independent joint-based compliance control of multi-fingeredhands," IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, vol.19, no.2, pp.185-199, 2003
- F. A. Mussa-Ivaldi and N. Hogan,'ntegrable solutions of kinematic redundancy via impedance control,' Int. Jour.of Robotics Research, vol.10,no.5, pp. 481-491,1991
- J. L. Pons, R. Ceres, and F, Pfeiffer, 'Multifingered dexterous robotics hand design and control:areview,' Robotica, vol.17,pp.661-674,1999
- K. Yokoi, M. Kaneko, and K. Tanie, 'A compliance control method suggested by muscle networks in human arms,' Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelli gent Robotsand Systems, pp.385-390,1988
- J. K. Salisbury, 'Active stiffness control of manipulator in Cartesian coordinates,' Proc.of IEEE 19th Conf. on Decision and Control, pp.95-100,1980
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Kim, Byoung-Ho 2012. "Design and Analysis of Ball Screw-driven Robotic Gripper" 한국지능시스템학회 논문지 = Journal of Korean institute of intelligent systems, 22(1): 22~27
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기