Tetrabromobisphenol-A가 처리된 랫드의 간에서 항산화활성 평가
Evaluation of Hepatic Antioxidant Defense Systems in Rats Treated with Tetrabromobisphenol-A
Hepatic antioxidant defense systems were examined in rats treated with tetrabromobisphenol-A (TBBPA), a brominated flame retardant, at the doses of 0, 250, 500 and 1,000 mg/kg for four weeks. Hepatic ratio of glutathione disulfide to glutathione (GSH) and levels of malondialdehyde, oxidative stress markers were not changed in rats treated with TBBPA. Hepatic expression of antioxidant enzymes including GSH peroxdiase-1 (GPX-1)/GSH reductase (GR), alpha-, mu- and pi-class glutathione-S-transferase (GST) and gamma-glutamylcysteine ligase catalytic subunit was determined using immunoblot analysis. Alpha-class GSTs, GPX-1 and GR levels were significantly decreased in rats treated with TBBPA at the dose of 500 or 1,000 mg/kg. These results show that TBBPA results in down-regulation of hepatic expression of antioxidant enzymes related with GSH, suggesting the liver in TBBPA-treated rats may be more sensitive to oxidants.
- Brigelius-Flohe R. Tissue-specific functions of individual glutathione peroxidase, Free Radical Biol Med 1999; 27: 951-965
- Canesi L, Lorusso LC, Ciacci C, Betti M and Gallo G. Effects of the brominated flame retardant tetrabromobis-phenol-A (TBBPA) on cell signaling and function of Mytilus hemocytes: Involvement of MAP kinases and protein kinase C, Aquat Toxicol 2005; 75: 277-287
- Kim SK, Woodcroft KJ, Khodadadeh SS and Novak RF. Insulin signaling regulates gamma-glutamylcysteine ligase catalytic subunit expression in primary cultured rat hepatocytes, J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2004; 311: 99-108
- Mannervik B, Alin P, Guthenberg C, Jensson HM, Tahir K, Warhohm M and Jornvall H. Identification of three classes of cytosolic glutathione transferase common to several mammalian species: correlation between structural data and enzymatic properties, Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1985; 82: 7202-7206
- Sun W, Kalen AL, Smith BJ, Cullen JJ and Oberley LW. Enhancing the antitumor activity of adriamycin and ionizing radiation, Cancer Res 2009; 69: 4294-4300
- Serviddio G, Romano1 AD, Gesualdo L, Tamborra1 R, Palma AM, Rollo T, Altomare E and Vendemiale G. Ursodeoxycholic acid protects against secondary biliary cirrhosis by preventing mitochondrial oxidative stress, Hepatology 2004; 39: 711-720
- Casalino E, Calzaretti G, Landriscina M, Sblano C, Fabiano A and Landriscina C. The Nrf2 transcription factor contributes to the induction of alpha-class GST isoenzymes in liver of acute cadmium or manganese intoxicated rats: comparison with the toxic effect on NAD(P)H: quinone reductas, Toxicology 2007; 237: 24-34
- Kim SK and Novak RF. The role of intracellular signaling in insulin-mediated regulation of drug metabolizing enzyme gene and protein expression, Pharmacol Ther 2007; 113: 88-120
- Sun Q, Komura S, Ohishi N and Yagi K. Alpha-class isozymes of glutathione S-transferase in rat liver cytosol possess glutathione peroxidase activity toward phospholipid hydroperoxide, Biochem Mol Biol Int 1996; 39: 343-352
- Ursini F, Maiorino M, Brigelius-Flohe R, Aumann KD, Roveri A, Schomburg D and Flohe L. Diversity of glutathione peroxidase, Methods Enzymol 1995; 252: 38-53
- Townsend DM and Tew KD. The role of glutathione-S-transferase in anti-cancer drug resistance, Oncogene 2003; 22: 7369-7375
- Lu SC. Regulation of hepatic glutathione synthesis: current concepts and controversies, FASEB J 1999; 13: 1169-1183
- Darnerud PO. Toxic effects of brominated flame retardants in man and in wildlife, Environ Int 2003; 29: 841-853
- Kemmleina S, Herzkeb D and Law RJ. BFR-governmental testing programme, Environ Int 2003; 29: 781-792
- Kim SK, Yang JW, Kim MR, Roh SH, Kim HG, Lee KY, Jeong HG and Kang KW. Increased expression of Nrf2/ ARE-dependent anti-oxidant proteins in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cells, Free Radic Biol Med 2008; 45: 537-546
- Ketterer B. Glutathione S-transferases and prevention of cellular free radical damage, Free Radic Res 1998; 28: 647-658
- Takebe G, Yarimizu J, Saito Y, Hayashi T, Nakamura H, Yodoi J, Nagasawa S and Takahashi K. Comparative study on the hydroperoxide and thiol specificity of the glutathione peroxidase family and selenoprotein P, J Biol Chem 2002; 277: 41254-41258
- Thomsen C, Lundanes E and Becher G. Brominated flame retardants in archived serum samples from Norway: A study on temporal trends and the role of age, Environ Sci Technol 2002a; 36: 1414-1418
- Kim SK, Woodcroft KJ, Oh SJ, Abdelmegeed MA and Novak RF. Role of mechanical and redox stress in activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases in primary cultured rat hepatocytes, Biochem Pharmacol 2005; 70: 1785-1795
- Thomson C, Leknes H, Lundanes E and Becher G. A new method for determination of halogenated flame retardants in human milk using solid-phase extraction, J Anal Toxicol 2002b; 26: 129-137
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Kim, In-Hye ; Kim, Jong-Bae ; Cho, Kang-Jin ; Kim, Jae-Hyun ; Om, Ae-Son 2012. "Cytoprotective Effect of Ethanol Extract from Maesil (Prunus mume Sieb. et Zucc.) on Alloxan-induced Oxidative Damage in Pancreatic-cell, HIT-T15" 韓國資源植物學會誌 = Korean journal of plant resources, 25(2): 184~192
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기