공급사슬에서 계절적 수요를 고려한 채찍효과 측도의 개발
Quantifying the Bullwhip Effect in a Supply Chain Considering Seasonal Demand
The bullwhip effect refers to the phenomenon where demand variability is amplified when one moves upward a supply chain. In this paper, we exactly quantify the bullwhip effect for cases of seasonal demand processes in a two-echelon supply chain with a single retailer and a single supplier. In most of the previous research, some measures of performance for the bullwhip effect are developed for cases of non-seasonal demand processes. The retailer performs demand forecast with a multiplicative seasonal mixed model by using the minimum mean square error forecasting technique and employs a base stock policy. With the developed bullwhip effect measure, we investigate the impact of seasonal factor on the bullwhip effect. Then, we prove that seasonal factor plays an important role on the occurrence of the bullwhip effect.
- Duc, T. T. H., Luong, H. T., and Kim, Y. D. (2008), A Measure of Bullwhip Effect in Supply Chains with a Mixed Autoregressive-moving Average Demand Process, European Journal of Operational Research, 187(1), 243-256
- Graves, S. C. (1999), A Single-Item Inventory Model for a Nonstationary Demand Process, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, 1(1), 50-61
- Heyman, D. and Sobel, M. (1984), Stochastic Models in Operations Research, McGraw-Hill, New York
- Lee, H. L., Padmanabhan, V., and Whang, S. G. (1997b), Information Distortion in a Supply Chain : The Bullwhip Effect, Management Science, 43(4), 546-558
- Box, G. E. P. and Jenkins, G. M. (1976), Time Series Analysis : Forecasting and Control, Revised Edition, Holden-Day, San Francisco, California
- McCullen, P. and Towill, D. (2002), Diagnosis and Reduction of Bullwhip in Supply Chains, Supply Chain Management : An International Journal, 7(3), 164-179
- Sterman, J. D. (1989), Modeling Managerial Behavior : Misperceptions of Feedback in a Dynamic Decision Making Experiment, Management Science, 35(3), 321-339
- Chen, F., Drezner, Z., Ryan, J. K., and Simchi-Levi, D. (2000a), Quantifying the Bullwhip Effect in a Simple Supply Chain : The Impact of Forecasting, Lead Times, and Information, Management Science, 46(3), 436-443
- Chopra, S. and Meindl, P. (2007), Supply Chain Management : Strategy, Planning and Operations, Pearson International Edition, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
- Wei, W. W. S. (1990), Time Series Analysis : Univariate and Multivariate Methods, Addison-Wesley, Redwood City, California
- Alwan, L. C., Liu, J. J., and Yao, D-Q. (2003), Stochastic Characterization of Upstream Demand Processes in a Supply Chain, IIE Transactions, 35(3), 207-219
- Luong, H. T. (2007), Measure of Bullwhip Effect in Supply Chains with Autoregressive Demand Process, European Journal of Operational Research, 180(3), 1086-1097
- Luong, H. T. and Phien, N. H. (2007), Measure of Bullwhip Effect in Supply Chains : The Case of High Order Autoregressive Demand Process, European Journal of Operational Research, 183(1), 197-209
- Nahamis, S. (1997), Production and Operations Analysis, 3rd ed., Irwin McGraw-Hill, New York
- Zhang, X. (2004), The Impact of Forecasting Methods on the Bullwhip Effect, International Journal of Production Economics, 88(1), 15-27
- Forrester, J. W. (1969), Industrial Dynamics, MIT Press, Cambridge
- Gilbert, K. C. (2005), An ARIMA Supply Chain Model, Management Science, 51(2), 305-310
- Chen, F., Drezner, Z., Ryan, J. K., and Simchi-Levi, D. (2000b), The Impact of Exponential Smoothing Forecasts on the Bullwhip Effect, Naval Research Logistics, 47(4), 269-286
- Kelle, P. and Milne, A. (1999), The Effect of (s, S) Ordering Policy on the Supply Chain, International Journal of Production Economics, 59(1-3), 113-122
- Lee, H. L., Padmanabhan, V., and Whang, S. G. (1997a), The Bullwhip Effect in Supply Chain, Sloan Management Review, 38(3), 93-102
- Gilbert, K. C. and Chatpattananan, V. (2006), An ARIMA Supply Chain Model with a Generalized Ordering Policy, Journal of Modeling in Management, 1(1), 33-51
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Cho, Dong-Won ; Lee, Young-Hae 2009. "Developing the Bullwhip Effect Measure in a Supply Chain Considering Seasonal Demand and Stochastic Lead Time" 한국경영과학회지 = Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, 34(4): 91~112
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기