비소세포성 폐암으로 수술 후 방사선치료가 시행된 N2병기 환자들에서 다발 부위 종격동 림프절 전이 여부에 따른 N2병기 구분의 임상적 의미
Division of the N2 Stage According to the Multiplicity of the Involved Nodal Stations May be Necessary in the N2-NSCLC Patients Who are Treated with Postoperative Radiotherapy
목 적: 비소세포성 폐암 림프절 병기 N2 환자에서 수술 후 방사선치료의 결과와 예후에 영향을 주는 인자에 대해 알아보고자 하였다. 대상 및 방법: 1999년부터 2008년 2월까지 비소세포성 폐암으로 진단받고 수술 후 병기 N2로 방사선치료를 시행받은 112명의 환자를 대상으로 하였다. 폐구간절제술(segmentectomy) 및 폐엽절제술(lobectomy)를 시행받은 환자는 75명(67%), 전폐절제술(pneumonectomy)을 시행 받은 환자는 37명(33%)였다. 절제연 음성인 환자는 94명(83.9%)이었고, 근접절제연 및 절제연 양성인 환자는 모두 18명(16.1%)이었다. 수술 후 보조적 요법으로 103명(92%)의 환자에서 항암치료가 시행되었다. 방사선치료의 분할선량은 1.8에서 2 Gy로 총선량은 45에서 66 Gy가(중앙값, 54 Gy) 시행되었다. 결 과: 전체환자의 2년 생존율과 무병생존율은 각각 60.2%와 44.7%였다. 예후 인자에 대한 단변량 분석을 하였을 때 종격동 림프절 부위(nodal station)의 전이가 단일 부위(single-station)인 환자에 비해 다발 부위(multiple-station)일 때 생존율과 무병생존율이 통계학적으로 의미 있게 감소하였다(p=0.047, p=0.007). T병기가 3기 이상일 때 생존율과 무병생존율이 의미 있게 감소하였다(p $\geq$ T3) 생존율(p=0.046, p
Purpose: We wanted to evaluate the prognostic factors for the pathologic N2 non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients who were treated by postoperative radiotherapy. Materials and Methods: We retrospectively reviewed 112 pN2 NSCLC patients who underwent surgery and postoperative radiotherapy (PORT) From January 1999 to February 2008. Seventy-five (67%) patients received segmentectomy or lobectomy and 37 (33%) patients received pneumonectomy. The resection margin was negative in 94 patients, and it was positive or close in 18 patients. Chemotherapy was administered to 103 (92%) patients. Nine (8%) patients received PORT alone. The median radiation dose was 54 Gy (range, 45 to 66), and the fraction size was 1.8~2 Gy. Results: The 2-year overall survival (OS) rate was 60.2% and the disease free survival (DFS) rate was 44.7% for all the patients. Univariate analysis showed that the patients with multiple-station N2 disease had significantly reduced OS and DFS (p=0.047, p=0.007) and the patients with an advanced T stage ( $\geq$ T3) had significantly reduced OS and DFS (p $\geq$ 5 cm) and positive lymphovascular invasion reduced the OS (p=0.035, 0.034). Using multivariate analysis, we found that multiple-station N2 disease and an advanced T stage ( $\geq$ T3) significantly reduced the OS and DFS. Seventy one patients (63.4%) had recurrence of disease. The patterns of failure were loco-regional in 23 (20.5%) patients, distant failure in 62 (55.4%) and combined loco-regional and distant failure in 14 (12.5%) patients. Conclusion: Multiple involvement of mediastinal nodal stations for the pN2 NSCLC patients with PORT was a poor prognostic factor in this study. A prospective study is necessary to evaluate the N2 subclassification and to optimize the adjuvant treatment.
- Keller SM, Adak S, Wagner H, et al. Mediastinal lymph node dissection improves survival in patients with stages II and IIIa non-small cell lung cancer: Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. Ann Thorac Surg 2000;70:358-365
- Andre F, Grunenwald D, Pignon JP, et al. Survival of patients with resected N2 non-small-cell lung cancer: evidence for a subclassification and implications. J Clin Oncol 2000;18:2981-2989
- Osaki T, Nagashima A, Yoshimatsu T, et al. Survival and characteristics of lymph node involvement in patients with N1 non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer 2004;43:151-157
- Mountain CF. Revisions in the International System for Staging Lung Cancer. Chest 1997;111:1710-1717
- Watanabe Y, Hayashi Y, Shimizu J, et al. Mediastinal nodal involvement and the prognosis of non-small cell lung cancer. Chest 1991;100:422-428
- Martini N, Flehinger BJ. The role of surgery in N2 lung cancer. Surg Clin North Am 1987;67:1037-1049
- Naruke T, Goya T, Tsuchiya R, et al. The importance of surgery to non-small cell carcinoma of lung with mediastinal lymph node metastasis. Ann Thorac Surg 1988;46:603-610
- Winton T, Livingston R, Johnson D, et al. Vinorelbine plus cisplatin vs. observation in resected non-small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med 2005;352:2589-2597
- Inoue M, Sawabata N, Takeda S, et al. Results of surgical intervention for p-stage IIIA (N2) non-small cell lung cancer: acceptable prognosis predicted by complete resection in patients with single N2 disease with primary tumor in the upper lobe. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2004;127:1100-1106
- Douillard JY, Rosell R, De Lena M, et al. Adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin versus observation in patients with completely resected stage IB-IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer (Adjuvant Navelbine International Trialist Association [ANITA]): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol 2006;7:719-727
- Mountain CF, Dresler CM. Regional lymph node classification for lung cancer staging. Chest 1997;111:1718-1723
- Debevec M, Bitenc M, Vidmar S, et al. Postoperative radiotherapy for radically resected N2 non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC): randomised clinical study 1988-1992. Lung Cancer 1996;14:99-107
- The Lung Cancer Study Group. Effects of postoperative mediastinal radiation on completely resected stage II and stage III epidermoid cancer of the lung. N Engl J Med 1986;315:1377-1381
- Park CI, Kim JH, Kim JH. Postoperative radiation therapy in non-small-cell lung cancer. J Korean Soc Ther Radiol Oncol 1988;6:195-202
- Vansteenkiste JF, De Leyn PR, Deneffe GJ, et al. Clinical prognostic factors in surgically treated stage IIIA-N2 non-small cell lung cancer: analysis of the literature. Lung Cancer 1998;19:3-13
- Grunenwald D, Le Chevalier T. Re: stage IIIA category of non-small-cell lung cancer: a new proposal. J Natl Cancer Inst 1997;89:88-89
- Lee CG, Kim GE, Suh CO, et al. Postoperative radiation therapy in resected stage II and IIIA non-small cell lung cancer(Yonsei Cancer Center 20-year experience). Korean J Thoracic Cardiovas Surg 1993;26:686-695
- Lee JG, Lee CY, Park IK, et al. The prognostic significance of multiple station N2 in patients with surgically resected stage IIIA N2 non-small cell lung cancer. J Korean Med Sci 2008;23:604-608
- Pearson FG, DeLarue NC, Ilves R, et al. Significance of positive superior mediastinal nodes identified at mediastinoscopy in patients with resectable cancer of the lung. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1982;83:1-11
- Lally BE, Zelterman D, Colasanto JM, et al. Postoperative radiotherapy for stage II or III non-small-cell lung cancer using the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results database. J Clin Oncol 2006;24:2998-3006
- Mountain CF. Surgery for stage IIIa-N2 non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer 1994;73:2589-2598
- Rusch VW, Crowley J, Giroux DJ, et al. The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: proposals for the revision of the N descriptors in the forthcoming seventh edition of the TNM classification for lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol 2007;2:603-612
- Ichinose Y, Kato H, Koike T, et al. Completely resected stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancer: the significance of primary tumor location and N2 station. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2001;122:803-808
- Naruke T, Tsuchiya R, Kondo H, et al. Prognosis and survival after resection for bronchogenic carcinoma based on the 1997 TNM-staging classification: the Japanese experience. Ann Thorac Surg 2001;71:1759-1764
- Ruckdeschel JC. Combined modality therapy of non-small cell lung cancer. Semin Oncol 1997;24:429-439
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2015. "" Radiation oncology journal : ROJ, 33(2): 75~82
저자의 다른 논문
- 2010 "직장암 환자의 골반 방사선치료에서 벨리보드 하위 경계 위치 변화의 영향" 대한방사선종양학회지 = The Journal of the Korean soceity for therapeutic radiology and oncology 28 (4): 231~237
- 2013 "Bladder filling variations during concurrent chemotherapy and pelvic radiotherapy in rectal cancer patients: early experience of bladder volume assessment using ultrasound scanner" Radiation oncology journal : ROJ 31 (1): 41~47
- 2018 "Treatment outcomes of radiotherapy for anaplastic thyroid cancer" Radiation oncology journal : ROJ 36 (2): 103~113
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기