스티어링 휠의 터치패드를 이용한 정보 목록 검색 시 조작 : 반응 비율에 관한 연구
Determination of the Optimal Control-Response Ratio for Data Searching Through a Touchpad Placed on the Steering Wheel
As the number of personal computers installed in vehicles increases, a touchpad often used in a labtop computer can be used for the control of an in-vehicle information system (IVIS). Using a touchpad to control the system allows the user to select among large amount of information with a single touch of dragging. For safety and convenience of a driver, the touchpad could be placed on a steering wheel. This research is designed to calculate the most efficient Control-Response Ratio (C/R ratio) for the menu interaction of a touchpad on a steering wheel. Since the menu pointer's rate of movement and proper C/R ratio is determined by the amount of selected information, the amount of displayed information and the movement of a menu pointer was chosen to be independent variables. The dependent variables are a user's preference and task completion time. Two factor full factorial within subject design was used 16 subjects. The investigation revealed that the amount of selected information increased with increasing C/R ratio. The movement of the pointer became slower as the amount of information increased. The best C/R ratio was calculated for each amount of information and preference regression of the user's preference was drawn accordingly. Through this research, the automobile interior designer can benefit from the guidelines suggested for the touchpad control.
- Jong Yong Nam, Jaeho Choe, Eui S. Jung (2008), Development of Finger Gestures for Touchscreen-based Web Browser Operation, Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, 27(4), 109-117
- Grace Won, 2008-01-22, Global News Network 'AVING', 'See-On Technology, 7-inch car pc 'Car PC Neo' based on Windows XP Embedded'(http://us.aving.net/news/view.php? articleId = 71016)
- Wherry, E. (2003), Scroll Ring Performance Evaluation, Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems
- Stevens, A., Quimby, A., Board, A., Kersloot, T., and Burns (2002), Design Guidelines For Safety of In-vehicle Information System
- Kamp, J. F., Poirier, F., and Doignon, P. (1999), Control of In-vehicle Systems by Gestures-Proceedings of the International Gesture Workshop on Gesture
- Byung Yong Jeong, Dong Kyoung Lee (2005), Ergonomics Human Factors
- Eui S. Jung (2005), Development on IVIS Interface Package Design Guideline(Hyundai-Kia Project)
- Hyoung Uk Lim, Youngtaek Oh, Sungjoon Park, Eui S. Jung (2006), Research on function application in steering wheel, Proceedings of Korean Ergonomics Conference-Spring
- Ivan E., Gonzalez, Wobbrock, J. O., Chau, D. H., and Faulring, A. (2007), Eyes on the road, hands on the wheel : thumb-based interaction techniques for input on steering wheel, Proceedings of Graphics Interface
- Roman Vilimek, Alf Zimmer (2007), Development and Evaluation of a Multimodal touchpad for Advanced In-vehicle System, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Hyoung Uk Lim, Eui S. Jung, Sungjoon Park, Seong Wook Jeong (2007), Comparisons of Driver Performance with Control Types of the Driver Information System, Journal of The Society of Korea, 26(1), 1-10
- Marc Wittmann, Miklos Kiss, Peter Gugg, Alexander Steffen, Martina Fink, Ernst Poppel, and Hiroyuki Kamiya (2006), Effects of Display Position of a Visual In-Vehicle Task on Simulated Driving, Applied Ergonomics, 37, 187-199
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기