Fluid-Oscillation Coupled Analysis for HAWT Rotor Blade (One Degree of Freedom Weak Coupling Analysis with Hinge-Spring Model)
Since large-scale commercial wind turbine generator systems such as MW-class wind turbines are becoming widely operated, the vibration and distortion of the blade are becoming larger and larger. Therefore the soft structure design instead of the solid-design is one of the important concepts to reduce the structural load and the cost of the wind turbine rotors. The objectives of the study are development of the fluid-structure coupled analysis code and evaluation of soft rotor-blade design to reduce the unsteady structural blade load. In this paper, fluid-structure coupled analysis for the HAWT rotor blade is performed by free wake panel method coupled with hinge-spring blade model for the flapwise blade motion. In the model, the continuous deflection of the rotor blade is represented by flapping angle of the hinge with one degree of freedom. The calculation results are evaluated by comparison with the database of the NREL unsteady aerodynamic experiment. In the analysis the unsteady flapwise moments in yawed inflow conditions are compared for the blades with different flapwise eigen frequencies.
- IEA, IEA Wind Annual Report 2005, 2006.
- Jonkman, J.M. and Buhl Jr., M.L., FAST User’s Guide, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, NREL/EL-500-38230, 2005, p. 125.
- Guinta, A. A., 1997, “Aircraft Multidisciplinary Design Optimization Using Design of Experimental Theory and Response Surface Modeling Methods,” Ph. D. Thesis, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA.
- Bossanyi, E.A., Bladed for Windows - Theory Manual, Garrad Hassan & Patners Limited, Bristol, England, Document No. 282/BR/009. Issue No. 3, 1997, p. 54.
- de Vries, O., Comment on the Yaw Stability of a Horizontal-Axis Wind Turbine at Small Angles of Yaw, Wind Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 1, 1985, pp. 42-49.
- Duque, E. P. N., van Dam, C. P., et al., Navier-Stokes Analysis of Time-Dependent Flows about Wind Turbines, Proc. 3rd ASME/JSME Joint Fluids Engineering Conference, San Francisco, FEDSM99-7814, 1999.
- Huyer, S. A., Simms, D, and Robinson M. C., Unsteady Aerodynamics Associated with a Horizontal-Axis Wind Turbine, AIAA Jouranl, Vol. 34, No. 7, 1996, pp. 1410-1419.
- Bierbooms, W. A. A.M., A Comparison between Unsteady Aerodynamic Model, Proc. European Wind Energy Conference, Amsterdam, 1991, pp. 13-17.
- Imamura, H., Takezaki, D., Hasegawa, Y., et al, Study on Unsteady Flow around a HAWT Rotor by Panel Method (Calculation of Yawed Inflow Effects and Evaluation of Angle of Attack in the Three-Dimensional Flow Field), JSME, 71-701(B), 2005, pp. 154-161.
- Leishman, J.G., Challenge in Modeling the Unsteady Aerodynamics of Wind Turbines, AIAA2002-0037, 2002.
- Matsumiya, H., Kawamura, S. and Tanaka, H., Design and Behaviour Analysis of a Mechanical Governor for a Variable-Speed Wind Turbine Generator, JSME, 56-529(C), 1990, pp. 2373-2377.
- Shimizu, Y., Kamada, Y. and Tobinaga, I., Studies on Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine with Passive Teetered Brake and Damper Mechanism : (Relationship between Braking Effect of Rotor Blade and Flow Patterns around Rotor), JSME, 65-633(B), 1999, pp. 1696-1702.
- Hand, M.M., Simms, D.A., et al., Unsteady Aerodynamics Experiment Phase VI: Wind Tunnel Test Configurations and Available Data Campaigns, NREL/TP-500-29955, 2001.
- Simms, D.A., Hand, M.M., Fingersh, L.J. and Jager, D.W., Unsteady Aerodynamics Experiment Phases II-IV. Test. Configurations. and Available Data. Campaigns, NREL/TP-500-25950, 1999.
- Burton, T., Sharpe, D., et al., Wind Energy Handbook, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2001, pp. 262-264
- G.A.M. van Kuik, R.P.J.O.M van Rooij and Hiroshi Imamura, Analysis of the UAE Phase VI Wind Tunnel Results in the Non-Yawed Flow, 2004 European Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition, Nov. 22-26, 2004, London, pp. 1-11.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.3.197
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.197?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기