Cause of Cavitation Instabilities in Three Dimensional Inducer
Alternate blade cavitation, rotating cavitation and cavitation surge in rocket turbopump inducers were simulated by a three dimensional commercial CFD code. In order to clarify the cause of cavitation instabilities, the velocity disturbance caused by cavitation was obtained by subtracting the velocity vector under non-cavitating condition from that under cavitating condition. It was found that there exists a disturbance flow towards the trailing edge of the tip cavity. This flow has an axial flow component towards downstream which reduces the incidence angle to the next blade. It was found that all of the cavitation instabilities start to occur when this flow starts to interact with the leading edge of the next blade. The existence of the disturbance flow was validated by experiments.
- Tsujimoto, Y., Horiguchi, H., Fujii, A., 2004, “Non-Standard Cavitation Instabilities in Inducers,” Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Transport Phenomenon and Dynamic of Rotating Machinery, ISROMAC10-2004-020, pp. 1-11.
- Horiguchi,H.,Watanabe,S.,Tsujimoto,Y., 2000, “A Linear Stability Analysis of Cavitation in a Finite Blade Count impeller,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 122, pp. 798-805
- Horiguchi,H.,Watanabe,S.,Tsujimoto,Y. and Aoki, M., 2000, “Theoretical Analysis of Alternate Blade Cavitation in Inducers,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 122, No. 1, pp. 156-163.
- Hosangadi, A., Ahuja, V., Ungewitter, R.J., “Simulation of Rotational Cavitation Instabilities in the SSME LPFP Inducer,” AIAA-2007-5536.
- Kang, D., Watanabe, T., Yonezawa, K., Horiguchi, H., Kawata, Y., Tsujimoto, Y., 2009, “Inducer Design to Avoid Cavitation Instabilities,” Proceeding of the 61st Turbo Machinery of Japan Conference, pp. 33-38, (in Japanese).
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2010. "" International journal of fluid machinery and systems, 3(2): 137~149
- 2014. "" International journal of fluid machinery and systems, 7(3): 94~100
저자의 다른 논문
- 2008 "Choked Surge in a Cavitating Turbopump Inducer" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 1 (1): 64~75
- 2009 "Large Eddy Simulation of the Dynamic Response of an Inducer to Flow Rate Fluctuations" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 2 (4): 431~438
- 2009 "Inducer Design to Avoid Cavitation Instabilities" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 2 (4): 439~448
- 2010 "Suppression of Cavitation Instabilities in an Inducer by Circumferential Groove and Explanation of Higher Frequency Components" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 3 (2): 137~149
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.3.206
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.206?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기