Flow Field Change before Onset of Flow Separation
Jets issuing through small holes in a wall into a freestream has proven effective in the control of flow separation. This technique is known as the vortex generator jet (VGJs) method. If a precursor signal of separation is found, the separation control system using VGJs can be operated just before the onset of separation and the flow field with no separation is always attained. In this study, we measured the flow field and the wall static pressure in a two-dimensional diffuser to find a precursor signal of flow separation. The streamwise velocity measurements were carried out in the separated shear layer and spectral analysis was applied to the velocity fluctuations at some angles with respect to the diffuser. The pattern of peaks in the spectral analysis changes as the divergence angle increases over the angle of which the whole separation occurs. This change in the spectral pattern is related to the enhancement of the growth of shear layer vortices and appears just before the onset of separation. Therefore, the growth of shear layer vortices can be regarded as a precursor signal to flow separation.
- Greenblatt, D. and Wygnanski, I. J., 2000, “The Control of Flow Separation by Periodic Excitation,” Progress in Aerospace Sciences, 36, pp. 487-545.
- Shizawa, T. and Eaton, J. K., 1992, “Turbulence Measurements for a Longitudinal Vortex Interacting with a Three-Dimensional Turbulent Boundary Layer,” AIAA J. 30-1, pp. 49-55.
- Compton, D. A. and Johnston, J. P., 1992, “Streamwise Vortex Production by Pitched and Skewed Jets in a Turbulent Boundary Layer,” AIAA J., 30- 3, pp. 640-647.
- Hasegawa, H., Matsuuchi, K. and Yamakami, J., 1998, “The Mechanism of Active Boundary Layer Control Using Vortex Generator Jets,” 21st Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, ICAS-98-3.4.3.
- Hasegawa, H. and Matsuuchi, K., 1998, “Effect of Jet Pitch Angle of Vortex Generator Jets on Separation Control,” Third International Conference on Fluid Mechanics (ICFM-III), pp. 526-531.
- Hasegawa, H., Matsuuchi, K. and Komatsuzaki, Y., 2003, “Suppression Effect of Vortex Generator Jets with Non-Circular Orifices on Separating Flow,” 4th ASME/JSME Joint Fluids Engineering Conference.
- Hasegawa, H. and Kumagai, S., 2008, “Adaptive Separation Control System Using Vortex Generator Jets for Time-Varying Flow,” Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 9-16.
- Mochizuki, O., Ishikawa, H., Miura, N., Sasuga, N. and Kiya, M., 2001, “Precursor of Separation,” Transactions of JSME, Vol. B-67, No.661, pp. 2226-2233 (in Japanese).
- Kumano, S., Mochizuki, O. and Kiya, M., 1999, “Optimum Timing to Start Active Control to Suppress a Dynamic Stall,” Transactions of JSME, Vol. B-65, No.638, pp. 3380-3385 (in Japanese).
- Kiya, M., 1989, “Turbulence Structure of Separated-and-Reattaching Flows,” Transactions of JSME, Vol. B-55, No.511, pp. 559-564 (in Japanese).
- Kiya, M., Shimizu, M., Mochizuki, O. and Ido, Y., 1992, “Response of an Axisymmetric Separation Bubble to Sinuous Disturbances,” Transactions of JSME, Vol. B-58, No.554, pp. 2953-2958 (in Japanese).
- Hasegawa, H., Matsuuchi, K. and Tanaka, J., 1999, “Development of Active Separation Control System Using Vortex Generator Jets,” 3rd ASME/JSME Joint Fluids Engineering Conference, FEDSM99-6944.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.3.215
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.215?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기