A Study of Performance and Internal Flow in a New Type of Sewage Pump
Sewage pumps are designed with a wide flow channel by, for example, sacrificing some efficiency and reducing the number of blades, in order to prevent plugging with foreign bodies. However, the behavior of foreign bodies which actually flow into a pump is extremely complex, and there are questions about whether the presumed foreign bodies will actually pass through. This paper proposes a new type of sewage pump impeller designed to further improve pump efficiency and performance in passing foreign bodies. This sewage pump impeller has a structure in which the suction flow channel of a closed type non-clog pump is wound in a helical spiral. The focus of this research was to investigate pump performance and internal flow in this single blade sewage pump impeller. The results clearly indicated the following facts: The developed sewage pump impeller exhibits high efficiency over a wide range of flow rates; internal flow of the pump is very complicated; and the internal flow state varies greatly when the flow rate changes.
- Hiraoka, M. et al, 1997, ‘‘Japan institute of Wastewater Engineering Technology, Wastewater Manhole Pump Technology Manual-June 1997,’’ p. 18. (in Japanese).
- Okamura, T., 1979, ‘‘Radial Thrust in Centrifugal Pumps with Single Vane Impeller,’’ Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B, Vol. 45, No. 398, p. 1458. (in Japanese).
- Aoki, M., 1984, ‘‘Instantaneous Pressure Distribution between Blades and Fluctuating Radial Thrust in the Single Blade Centrifugal Pump,’’ Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B, Vol. 50, No. 451, p. 661. (in Japanese).
- Ishida, I., 2002, ‘‘The Consideration in the Radial Thrust Decrease of Centrifugal Pump,’’ Turbomachinery, Vol. 30, No. 12, p. 741. (in Japanese).
- Nishi, Y. et al, 2005, ‘‘Development of Submersible Pump Having High Efficiency and High Passage Performance,’’ ShinMaywa Technical report, No. 27, p. 8. (in Japanese).
- Johnson, M.W. and Moore, J., 1983, ‘‘Secondary Flow Mixing Losses in a Centrifugal Impeller,’’ Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Journal of Engineering for Power, Vol. 105, No. 1, p. 24.
- Eckardt, D., 1976, ‘‘Detailed Flow Investigations within a High-speed Centrifugal Compressor Impeller,’’ Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 98, No. 3, p. 390.
- Kurokawa, J. et al, 1983, ‘‘Theoretical and Experimental Determinations of the Flow Characteristics in Volute (2nd Report, Experimental Results for Two-Dimensional Log-Spiral),’’ Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B, Vol. 49, No. 448, p. 2735. (in Japanese).
- Kurokawa, J. et al, 1984, ‘‘Prediction of Outlet Flow Characteristics of Centrifugal Impellers (1st Report, Consideration of Velocity Distribution),’’ Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B, Vol. 50, No. 459, p. 2777. (in Japanese).
- Toyokura, T. and Kita, C., 1986, ‘‘Volute Pump Fundamentals and Design Drawings,’’ p.32, Jikkyo Shuppan. (in Japanese).
- Takagi, T., 1964, ‘‘Causes of Difference Between the Performances of Actual Francis Water Turbines and Their Models,’’ Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 67, No. 544, p. 671. (in Japanese).
- Wiesner, F. J., 1967, ‘‘A Review of Slip Factors for Centrifugal Impellers,’’ Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series A, Vol. 89, No. 4, p.559.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.3.239
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.239?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기