Dynamic Characteristics of the Radial Clearance Flow between Axially Oscillating Rotational Disk and Stationary Disk
Dynamic characteristics of the clearance flow between an axially oscillating rotational disk and a stationary disk were examined by experiments and computations based on a bulk flow model. In the case without pressure fluctuations at the inlet and outlet of the clearance, parallel and contracting flow paths had an effect to stabilize the axial oscillation of the rotating disk. The enlarged flow path had an effect to destabilize the axial oscillation due to the negative damping and stiffness for outward and inward flows, respectively. It was shown that the fluid force can be decomposed into the component caused by the inlet or outlet pressure fluctuation without the axial oscillation and that due to the axial oscillation without the inlet or outlet pressure fluctuation. A method to predict the stiffness and damping coefficients is proposed for general cases when the device is combined with an arbitrary flow system.
- Makay, E. and Szamody, O., 1978, "Survey of Feed Pump Outages," Final Report of Research Project 641, Electric PowerResearch Institute, FP-754, pp. 4_10-4_12 and pp. A-35.
- Inada, F. and Hayama, S., 1987, "A Study on Leakage-Flow-Induced Vibrations (1st Report, Fluid-Dynamic Forces Acting onthe Walls of an One-Dimensional, Narrow, Tapered Passage)," Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng., Ser. C, Vol. 53, No. 488, pp. 933-939(in Japanese).
- Childs, D. W., 1991, "Fluid-Structure Interaction Forces at Pump-Impeller-Shroud Surfaces for Axial Vibration Analysis,"ASME Trans. J. Vibration and Acoustics, Vol. 113, No. 1, pp. 108-115.
- Hsu, Y. and Brennen, C. E., 2002, "Fluid Flow Equations for Rotordynamic Flows in Seals and Leakage Paths," ASME Trans.J. Fluids Eng., Vol. 124, No. 1, pp. 176-181.
- Hirs, G. G., 1973, "A Bluk-Flow Theory for Turbulence in Lubricant Film," ASME Trans. J. Lubrication Technology, pp. 137-146.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.2.147
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.147?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기