Prediction of Specific Noise Based on Internal Flow of Forward Curved Fan
In this study, a prediction theory for specific noise that is the overall characteristic of the fan has been proposed. This theory is based on total pressure prediction and broadband noise prediction. The specific noises of two forward curved fans with different number of blades were predicted. The flow around the impeller having 120 blades (MF120) was more biased at a certain positions than the impeller with 40 blades (MF40). An effective domain of the energy conversion of MF40 has extended overall than MF120. The total pressure was affected by the slip factor and pressure loss caused by the vortex flow. The suppression of a major pressure drop by the vortex flow and expansion of the effective domain for energy conversion contributed to an increase in the total pressure of MF40 at the design point. The position of maximum relative velocity was different for each fan. The relative velocity of MF120 was less than that of MF40 due to the deviation angle. The specific noise of MF120 was 2.7 dB less than that of MF40 due to the difference in internal flow. It has been quantitatively estimated that the deceleration in the relative velocity contributed to the improvement in the overall performance.
- Japanese Standards Association, 2002, “Glossary of terms for fans, blowers and compressors,” JIS B 0132 (in Japanese), p.459.
- Kind, R. J. and Tobin, M. G.., 1990, “Flow in a Centrifugal Fan of the Squirrel-Cage Type,” ASME Journal of Turbomachinery,Vol. 112, No.11, pp. 84-90.
- Kind, R. J. 1997, “Prediction of Flow Behavior and Performance of Squirrel-Cage Centrifugal Fans Operating at Medium andHigh Flow Rates,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 119, No. 3, pp. 639-646.
- Velarde-Suarez, S., Santolaria-Morros, C., and Ballesteros-Tajadura, R., 1999, “Experimental Study on the Aeroacoustic Behavior of a Forward-Curved Blades Centrifugal Fan,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 121, No. 2, pp. 276-281.
- Velarde-Suarez, S., Ballesteros-Tajadura, R., Hurtado-Cruz, J. P., and Santolaria-Morros, C., 2006, “Experimental determination of the tonal noise sources in a centrifugal fan,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 295, pp. 781-796.
- Velarde-Suarez, S., Ballesteros-Tajadura, R., Santolaria-Morros, C., and Pereiras-Garcia, B., 2008, “Reduction of theaerodynamic tonal noise of a forward-curved centrifugal fan by modification of the volute tongue geometry,” Applied Acoustics, Vol. 69, No. 3, pp. 225-232.
- Sasaki, S., Kodama, Y., Hayashi, H., and Uto, T., 2006, “Influence of Solidity on Total Pressure Characteristic of a MultibladeFan, “ Turbomachinery ( in Japanese), Vol.32, No.12, pp. 739-747.
- Schlichting, H., 1968, “Boundary-Layer Theory,” McGraw-Hill Book Company, 6th Edition, pp. 135-148
- Johnston, P., Dean, Jr., P., 1966, “Losses in Vaneless Diffusers of Centrifugal Compressors and Pumps,” ASME Journal ofEngineering for Powers, Vol. 88, No.1, pp. 49-62.
- Curle, N., 1955, “The Influence of the Solid Boundary upon Aerodynamic Sound,” Proceedings of Royal Society of London,A231, pp. 505-514.
- Fukano, T. and Talukder, 1986, “A. A., Discrete Frequency Noise Generated form an Inclined Flat Plate Immersed in aUniform Oncoming Flow,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B ( in Japanese), Vol. 52, No. 480 ,pp. 2828-2836.
- Iida, A., Fujita, H., Kato, C., and Takano, Y., 1995, “Experimental Investigation of Generation Mechanism of AerodynamicNoise: 1st. Report, On a Coherent Structure of Surface Pressure Fluctuation on a Circler Cylinder,” Transactions of the JapanSociety of Mechanical Engineers, Series B ( in Japanese), Vol. 61, No. 592 ,pp. 4371-4378.
- Sasaki, S. and Kodama, Y., 2003, “The Standing Wake Formed in the Wake of a Flat Plate Blade and the Coherent Structure,”Journal of Japan Society of Fluid Mechanics (in Japanese), Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 325-335.
- Japanese Standards Association, 2005, “Glossary of terms for fans, blowers and compressors,” JIS B 0132 (in Japanese), p.459.
- Sasaki, S., Hayashi, H., and Kodama, Y., “Application of Wake Characteristics to Prediction of Broadband Noise ofa Multiblade Fan,” Proceedings of the 9th Asian International Conference on Fluid Machinery, Jeju, Korea, No. AICFM9-133.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.1.080
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.80?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기