Performance Comparison of Two Wind Turbine Generator Systems Having Two Types of Control Methods
The purpose of this paper is to gain a greater understanding of the performance of practical wind turbine generating systems with differing output power controllers and controlling means for wind turbine speed. Subjected wind turbines, both equipped with an asynchronous power generator, are located at two sites and are defined as wind turbine A and wind turbine B in this study, respectively. Their performance differences are examined by measuring wind speed and electric parameters. The study suggests that both wind turbines have a clear linkage between current and output power fluctuations. Comparison of the fluctuations to wind speed fluctuation, although they are triggered primarily by wind speed fluctuation, clearly indicates the specific behaviors inherent to the respective turbine control mechanisms.
- Imamura, H., Matsumiya, H., Tsuchiya, K., Yamada, S., “Study on the Wind Measurements and Performance Evaluation of aWTGS in Complex Terrain (1st Report, Evaluation of NEDO-500kW WTGS at Tappi Wind Park),” Transactions of the JapanSociety of Mechanical Engineers. Vol. 64, No. 626, B (1998), pp. 3323-3329.
- Muller, S., Deicke, M., Doncker, R. W. De., “Doubly Fed Induction Generator Systems for Wind Turbines,” IEEE IndustryApplications Magazine, May/June 2002, pp. 26-33.
- Hofmann., W., Okafor, F., “Doubly-Fed Full-Controlled Induction Wind Generator for Optimal Power Utilisation,” PEDS '01Conference Proceedings, (2001), pp. 1-7.
- Imamura, H., Numajiri, T., Kurokawa, J.,Study on Flow Patterns around Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines under Yawed InflowConditions, Proceedings of the 50th General Assembly of the Turbomachinery Society of Japan, 2003-5, pp. 79-84.
- Hasegawa, Y., Kikuyama, K., Karikomi, K., Kato, C., Effects of Turbulence Characteristics on Aerodynamic Behavior ofHAWT Rotor, Wind Energy, Vol. 25, No.4, (2001), pp. 73-76.
- JIS C 1400-12: 2002, “Wind turbine generator systems - Part 12: Wind turbine power performance testing,” JapaneseStandards Association.
- JIS C 1400-1: 2001, “Wind turbine generator systems - Part 1: Safety requirements,” Japanese Standards Association.
- JIS C 1400-11: 2001, “Wind turbine generator systems - Part 11: Acoustic noise measurement techniques,” Japanese StandardsAssociation.
- Nii, T., Result of Noise Measurement for Wind Turbines, Result Report of Research and Study of Standardization of NewPower Generation Systems, Part 3, Wind Energy, 2003-3, The Japan Electrical Manufacturers' Association, pp. 652-660.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.1.092
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.92?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기