Dynamic Analysis of Francis Runners - Experiment and Numerical Simulation
The present paper shows the results of numerical and experimental modal analyses of Francis runners, which were executed in air and in still water. In its first part this paper is focused on the numerical prediction of the model parameters by means of FEM and the validation of the FEM method. Influences of different geometries on modal parameters and frequency reduction ratio (FRR), which is the ratio of the natural frequencies in water and the corresponding natural frequencies in air, are investigated for two different runners, one prototype and one model runner. The results of the analyses indicate very good agreement between experiment and simulation. Particularly the frequency reduction ratios derived from simulation are found to agree very well with the values derived from experiment. In order to identify sensitivity of the structural properties several parameters such as material properties, different model scale and different hub geometries are numerically investigated. In its second part, a harmonic response analysis is shown for a Francis runner by applying the time dependent pressure distribution resulting from an unsteady CFD simulation to the mechanical structure. Thus, the data gained by modern CFD simulation are being fully utilized for the structural design based on life time analysis. With this new approach a more precise prediction of turbine loading and its effect on turbine life cycle is possible allowing better turbine designs to be developed.
- ANSYS Version 11 Documentation.
- X. Escaler, Q. Liang, C. Valero, E. Egusquiza, St. Lais, M. Sick, “Th. Weiss: Experimental Modal Analysis of a Francis Model Runner,” Proceedings of the 24th IAHR Symposium on Hydraulic Machinery and Systems, October 27-31 2008, Foz do Iguassu, Brazil.
- M. Dubas, “On the excitations due to the periodic structure of turbomachines,” Ingenieur-Archiv (Ing.-Arch.), vol. 54, 1984,pp. 413-426.
- M. Sick, St. Lais, W. Michler, P. Stein, “Th. Weiss: Numerical prediction of flow induced dynamic load in water turbines: recent developments and results,” Proceedings of HYDRO 2007, Granada, Spain, October 2007.
- M. Keller, M. Sallaberger, “Modern hydraulic design of pump turbines,” Proceedings of the International Seminar on Hydropower Plants, Vienna, Austria, November 22 - 24, 2006.
- CFX10 Theory Documentation, ANSYS, Harwell, U.K., 2005.
- Q.W. Liang, E. Egusquiza, X. Escaler, F. Avellan, “Modal Analysis on a Francis Turbine Runner Considering the Fluid Added Mass Effect,” Proceedings of the IAHR Int. Meeting of WG on Cavitation and Dynamic Problems in Hydraulic Machinery and Systems, Barcelona, 28-30 June 2006.
- E: Naudascher, D. Rockwell, “Flow-induced vibration. An engineering guide,” Dover Publication Inc.,2005
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2014. "" International journal of fluid machinery and systems, 7(3): 101~109
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.4.303
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.303?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기