Overload Surge Investigation Using CFD Data
Pressure oscillations triggered by the unstable interaction of dynamic flow features of the hydraulic turbine with the hydraulic plant system - including the electrical design - can at times reach significant levels and could lead to damage of plant components or could reduce component lifetime significantly. Such a problem can arise for overload as well as for part load operation of the turbine. This paper discusses an approach to analyze the overload high pressure oscillation problem using computational fluid dynamic (CFD) modeling of the hydraulic machine combined with a network modeling technique of the hydraulic system. The key factor in this analysis is the determination of the overload vortex rope volume occurring within the turbine under the runner which is acting as an active element in the system. Two different modeling techniques to compute the flow field downstream of the runner will be presented in this paper. As a first approach, single phase flow simulations are used to evaluate the vortex rope volume before moving to more sophisticated modeling which incorporates two phase flow calculations employing cavitation modeling. The influence of these different modeling strategies on the simulated plant behavior will be discussed.
- Falvey, H., 1971, “Draft tube surges. A review of the present knowledge and annotated bibliography”, Bureau of Reclamation Report REC-ERC-71-42, Denver, Colorado, USA.
- Aschenbrenner, T., Otto, A., Moser, W., 2006, “Classification of vortex and cavitation phenomena and assessment of CFD prediction capabilities”, 23rd IAHR Symposium, Yokohama, Japan.
- Koutnik, J., Nicolet, C., Schohl, G., Avellan, F., 2006, “Overload surge event in a pumped-storage power plant”, 23rd IAHR Symposium, Yokohama, Japan.
- Jacob, T., Prenat, J., 1996, “Francis turbine surge: discussion and data base”, 18th IAHR Symposium, Valencia, Spain.
- Doerfler, P., 1982, “System dynamics of the Francis turbine half load surge”, 11th IAHR Symposium, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Koutnik, J., 2000, “Analysis of pressure oscillations measured in the twin-penstock of PSPP Stechovice”, 20th IAHR Symposium, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
- Philibert, R., Couston, M., 1998, “Francis turbines at part load: matrix simulating the gaseous rope”, 19th IAHR Symposium, Singapore.
- Brennan, J., Acosta, A., 1973, “Theoretical quasi-static analysis of cavitation compliance in turbopumps”, Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 175-180.
- ANSYS CFX Release 11.0, “ANSYS CFX-Solver Modeling Guide”, ANSYS Europe, Ltd. 1996-2006.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.4.315
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.315?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기