Development of The New High Specific Speed Fixed Blade Turbine Runner
The paper concerns the description of the step by step development process of the new fixed blade runner called "Mixer" suitable for the uprating of the Francis turbines units installed at the older low head hydropower plants. In the paper the details of hydraulic and mechanical design are presented. Since the rotational speed of the new runner is significantly higher then the rotational speed of the original Francis one, the direct coupling of the turbine to the generator can be applied. The maximum efficiency at prescribed operational point was reached by the geometry optimization of two most important components. In the first step the optimization of the draft tube geometry was carried out. The condition for the draft tube geometry optimization was to design the new geometry of the draft tube within the original bad draft tube shape without any extensive civil works. The runner blade geometry optimization was carried out on the runner coupled with the draft tube domain. The blade geometry of the runner was optimized using automatic direct search optimization procedure. The method used for the objective function minimum search is a kind of the Nelder-Mead simplex method. The objective function concerns efficiency, required net head and cavitation features. After successful hydraulic design the modal and stress analysis was carried out on the prototype scale runner. The static pressure distribution from flow simulation was used as a load condition. The modal analysis in air and in water was carried out and the results were compared. The final runner was manufactured in model scale and it is going to be tested in hydraulic laboratory. Since the turbine with the fixed blade runner does not allow double regulation like in case of full Kaplan turbine, it can be profitably used mainly at power plants with smaller changes of operational conditions or in case with more units installed. The advantages are simple manufacturing, installation and therefore lower expenses and short delivery time for turbine uprating.
- Nelder, J.A., Mead, R.: A simplex method for function minimization, Computer Journal 7, pp. 308-313, 1965
- Skotak, A., Obrovsky, J.: Shape Optimization of a Kaplan Turbine Blade, paper 233, 23rd IAHR Symposium on Hydraulic Machinery and Systems, Yokohama, Japan, 2006
- Skotak, A., Obrovsky, J.: Low swirl flow separation in a Kaplan turbine draft tube, 2nd IAHR International Meeting of the WorkGroup on Cavitation and Dynamic Problems, Timisora, Romania, 2007
- Skotak, A., Obrovsky, J.: Analysis of the flow in the water turbine draft tube in Fluent and CFX, 25th CADFEM Users’ Meeting ,Dresden , Germany, 2007
- Skotak, A., Obrovsky, J., STEGNER, P., OBROVSKY, J.: The New Approach to the Old Francis Units Uprating, HydroVision 2008, Sacramento, California, USA, 2008
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.4.392
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.392?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기